Contact: Lance Cleveland
Store Locator Plus v3.9.2 Released
Charleston SC, March 14th 2013 – Charleston Software Associates released Store Locator Plus 3.9.2 today, a minor release update according to the company. Minor release updates focus on behind-the-scenes improvements in performance and memory and minor, if any, user experience changes. The summary of notable changes includes:
- Start of a new locations class. The new location class will create a single in-memory object and a defined interface for getting and setting location data. This results in faster, smaller, more stable, and more extensible code.
- Introduction of new SLPlus class. This update moves all elements of the admin and user experience into the control of a single code structure. Most WordPress plugins use an ad-hoc approach, which leads to user experience inconsistency and bugs when elements of the plugin are changed. Store Locator Plus uses a more refined object oriented approach. Thes results in faster, smaller, more stable, and more extensible code.
- WordPress custom page types now part of the core engine. The custom page type, store_page, is now a core element of the Store Locator Plus plugin, not just created and invoked when the Store Pages add-on is available. Using the WordPress custom post types is a far better solution to providing extended data attributes on locations versus continually extending and updating the custom SLP locations table. This will allow for a number of add-on packs in the future that can add custom field types, sorting, filtering, and other elements. Tagalong is using this to store category relations.
Other changes that are notable:
- CSS Themes for Store Locator Plus are now in the free base product, not just the Pro Pack.
- The search form newlines have been stripped to keep the search form layout happy with poorly written themes.
- Code commenting has been updated and new Code Docs are now being published online.
- Some basic CSS updates to give devs more control over UI elements.
You can learn what is new via the SLP 3.9 Release Notes page.
About Store Locator Plus
Store Locator Plus is an advanced system for managing multiple physical locations via a fully integrated WordPress solution. You can add details such as a store description, hours, a website address, an email address, and tags for each location and then display those locations easily on any page using a shortcode. The location search form and Google Map will automatically be displayed.
Advanced customization is available via the settings interface in the admin panel. The map can be customized via the admin panel to fit better on your site by allowing for different sizes, map types (terrain, satellite, standard views), and default location settings. The search form can be customized to show or hide a country pulldown, a city and state pulldown, and tag search fields. can also re-label every entry field and can opt to enable pop-up email forms to help reduce spam.
For additional information, contact: Lance Cleveland at /mindset/contact-us/.
About Charleston Software Associates
Charleston Software Associates (CSA) is a software publishing and consulting firm that specializes in WordPress plugins. Charleston Software Associates was founded in 2004 as an independent software consulting firm specializing in custom application design. The consulting division was acquired by now-defunct Cyber Sprocket Labs in 2005. CSA was re-energized in August 2012 with the acquisition of key software products. The flagship product is a top-rated WordPress plugin that brings a low-cost yet full-featured location management system to businesses large and small. Research & development continues on additional business-centric products built on the WordPress content platform. Charleston Software Associates is located in the Charleston South Carolina Metro area operating from a home office in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.