Adding Event Name and Event Date(s) to Results

Home Forums Third Party Add-ons by Debaat Adding Event Name and Event Date(s) to Results

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jeff
    Participant

Hey there, I’m primarily using SLP, Experience & Events Manager to allow my visitors to find events near them using the radius functionality.

Having the locations’ name in the results isn’t as helpful as having the event name and the date of the event.  I can’t find documentation that would help me achieve this.

Do you have suggestions to help me with this or do you think this plugin and add-ons aren’t the best solution for my need?

Thanks for your time.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Could you provide your Plugin environment?  DeBaat isn’t on the forum as often as I am so I try to get all the info for him to save you  both time.   Especially need versions information, we prefer a screen shot.

I am not super familiar with Event but I have tried it out.  What you are describing is how it is supposed to work.

You could disable the initial directory under the EXP/results settings , and or not show results at startup. Also set the results order by closest to furthest:  There is a How to tutorial video on Events Locations Manager.

EVENT LOCATION MANAGER INFO and link to tutorial

There is a box under Events/ Event  search settings:

Jeff
    Participant

Thanks for your help.

I’ve done the steps you suggest and am a bit closer to my goal, but 2 critical components are missing:

1. The Venue name is at the top of results.  I’d like the Event name to be displayed

2. There is no date for the event in the bubble or results window.  I’d like the Event date to be visible.

I’ve attached a screenshot to show you what I see at the moment.

Plugins:

Store Locator Plus: 4.4.35

Store Locator Plus – Experience: 4.4.08

Store Locator Plus : Event Location Manager: 4.4.03

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Got it. You have Experience Add on so you can modify what shows up in the info bubble (see documentation) as well as what shows up in the Results by adding lines or moving lines around in the Results Layout section.  If you arent sure what the sl_attribute is or the div wrapper you can look at your settings and CSS by inspecting the elements on the site page.

P.S. There are new releases today for both SLP base and EXP plugins.

As mentioned, I do not use this feature and I would be interested in seeing your progress, so please feel free to post again.  I have forwarded to De Baat but te isn’t on this site as often and there is a time difference (he developed some add-ons for SLP that he wanted, liked   and is very savvy, but this isn’t his primary job)

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. Have you thought of using the event name instead of the venue name in the first line of your locations? I did that on my test site, and then add the Venue in either the second line of address or in the description section ? Just a thought.

Example attached screen shot, I added event name First Line under Location, added the Venue in second address, and added in Description…just for example.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jeff
    Participant

I like that idea.  Thanks!

As far as ‘Events’ go, what’s the purpose of adding begin and ending dates & times if neither seems be displayed a results area or bubble?

Cici
    Keymaster

Ummm, thats a good question best answered by Lance or DeBaat. I am having issues with my last update of Event Manager with my beta versions of other add-ons.  I have mentioned it to them in a separate email with screenshots of my errors and mentioned your question. Let me know how it works out for you and more questions reply here and it will be on J Debaats radar.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S.

If you like Store Locator Plus please leave a ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org.

A huge thank you from Lance and his fellow code geeks!

:-}

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

How did everything work out with your events issues?

Jeff
    Participant

It really didn’t, unfortunately.  I’m still not sure what the value of an event feature is if there is no way to make it time-sensitive. . . In other words, Give a location a date stamp where it is present on the map up until the event ends, when it’s automatically removed from the locations map. . . Know what I mean?

If it already does this and I’m missing something please let me know.  I’d appreciate it.

My client, who is using this plugin, isn’t aware of these shortcomings yet but I’m looking for an alternative before they do.

Thanks for reaching out and have a great weekend!

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

I know  what you mean.  Having it auto delete a location based on the time would not be desirable as a default since the other plugin users  use it the way it was originally set up , i.e. , add a location and then add an event with time slots. Quite often meetings may always be held at the same Holiday Inn but on different days or times and that is all the users want to change.

For the Map bubble you can change the layout and information that appears there, other ways to change the appearance and layout by using the shortcodes and attributes.

I think the time stamp and deletion suggestion  is something that DeBaat is going to have to answer. I do not know anything about the coding to have a setting to do something like that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.