Bermuda Postal Code

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Bermuda Postal Code

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mark
    Participant

Our client has the majority of their operations in Canada – however they do have 1 location in Bermuda. The postal code search for “HM 11” does not return any results although it is a valid postal code.

Any suggestions?

Cici
    Keymaster

The Map isn’t loading correctly on your site when a user searches by HM11 ? Or you do not get an address back when you add HM 11 in the Admin interface? Google Maps showed me results when I did a general search using just HM11 the second time but the first time I searched just using HM11 a map of US appeared. Second time I searched using Google Map with Bermuda HM11 and it showed me a map of Hamilton Bermuda sites (assume that is the correct postal code…i.e. Hamilton?) The location sensor works well. with Googles logic. Did you add center map in Canada by any chance?

Red Steakhouse and Bar
    55 Front St
    HM11
    Bermuda

Mark
    Participant

The map loads correctly, but no search results are returned when someone searches “hm 11” (there is a location with this postal code)

here is the map: http://atlanticwindows.com/dealers/

Cici
    Keymaster

I see on your site the only option for your search field is “postal Code” Since you now have more than one country and Google seems to be confused by the unique postal code for Bermuda and not responding with a correct search,
    I suggest that a work around is to add the field ” Country” and “Postal Code” and see if this resolves your problem.
    I’m curious why Google doesn’t seem to like the Bermuda postal code.

Cici
    Keymaster

another option is to have a wider radiuss set as yourdefault, if I select from your drop down 5000 Km the map shows all stores in Canada and one in the middle of Atlantic, i.e. Bermuda. Is there just the one dealer in Bermuda?

Mark
    Participant

We will configure a wider radius to display on the map – but is there no way for it to show in the results based on the postal code search?

Cici
    Keymaster

I spoke to Lance about this, he has an idea of a (future) feature he could add to his Enhanced search add-on to enable a “smarter search” based on locations already in the database. Yours is a unique situation and I cant think of another way to solve this issue at the moment.

P.S> You have installed Propack with Location sensor correct? That should work but only for customers looking for a dealer who are already located in the country/area

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.