February 29, 2016 at 4:17 PM #39088
I manage a website that has locations in many states. We provide direct page links for each state. I’ve been using a center map shortcode with a custom radius.
What is the best way to create a page that loads just the locations in a given state (or province).
Store Locator Plus:4.4.26
This Info Cached:1456763099
WordPress General Limit:40M
WordPress Admin Limit:256M
PHP Peak RAM:58 MB
PHP Post Max Size:192M
February 29, 2016 at 8:26 PM #39116
- This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Brian.
CiciKeymasterMarch 1, 2016 at 10:31 AM #39133
I’ve created a test page and when I use the shortcode
[SLPLUS center_map_at=”ORLANDO FL 32805″ state=”florida”] or
[SLPLUS center_map_at=”ORLANDO FL 32805″ state=”FL”]
it fails to return every location inside of the state. I have to use a large radius currently to return the correct results. I’ve been through the shortcodes and tried all the permutations. This functionality exists in the current plugin set I have correct?
It should also be noted that if I use the shortcode that it returns stores in a radius near my current location (Oklahoma) and doesn’t restrict it to Florida. Are there other settings that would override this shortcode?
I’m not opposed to upgrading, though the price for this addon and setup fee is close to what I’ve invested in all of the addons which is a little steep for my budget at this time.
Test Page with state shortcode http://buildblock.com/maps/16891-2/
Working Page with radius http://buildblock.com/maps/florida
Please let me know if something is missing in the shortcode.
March 1, 2016 at 6:46 PM #39156
- This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Brian.
On the test map site:
1) Yes if you are that specific with your “center map at ” then you would need to show a larger radius under EXP/Results : At Startup , Radius to show initially and number to show initially. (since Florida is larger than 75 miles).
2) If you are searching from your desk in OK it still shouldn’t be returning OK locations on your FL map, I only see one map with drop downs so I am not sure if I am following you. I am in SC and when I searched FL it only showed locations in FL . If you have Location sensor on then you may want to search as a test incognito.
I previewed your link and selected from the drop down, the map for FL and selected 1000 miles from drop down and it returned locations in FL. I do not know how many locations it should be showing. But that seems to be working. It did not show me locations outside of FL .
3) Check your “Order results by” setting…if you select closest to.. then it would show the results closest to the center map at, if you have 25 results in Florida and your center map at is FL then you would want to select under EXP/Results 25 locations.
.Documentation Order results by
4) Have you turned on discrete search in Enhanced Search? Article about Discrete Search Note the layout in back end UI is different, the discrete filter radius behavior is now called Do Not Use, not “”ignore radius”. You should set do not use radius if you are using the discrete search
If you want to play around with settings and not disturb your staging or current site, you can use the Demo , it has Experience add-on installed in the demo along with ProPack and Taglong. The layout may look a little different since you are using Legacy Enhanced addons.
P.S You second link http://buildblock.com/maps/florida/
Uncaught TypeError: window.addEvent is not a function(anonymous function) @ easymedia.js?ver=4.4.2:49(anonymous function) @ easymedia.js?ver=4.4.2:49
jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:5 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
You do not need to update the Legacy packs at this time. There will be no additional enhancements and eventually they may not work with a to be released newer version of SLP 4.5. (Date of release TBD)
They will continue to work within the framework of the original purchase and be compatible with the 4.3 and 4.4 versions of SLP. We appreciate your support through past purchases.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.