Bubble Styling

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Bubble Styling

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Christopher
    Participant

Curious if there is a way to style the actually info bubble? I see the customization options with enhanced maps but those don’t seem to impact bubble styling…

Piani
    Participant

Hi

You need to provide information abut your SLP environment to get a correct answer. You find it under SLP > Info > Plugin Environment tab. Read more on the forum guide.

Under Experience > Apperance > Bubble layout (below the markers choice)

There you can change the layout of the bubble if you have Enhanced Map addon.

Here is my styling if you want to try (first copy your code to reverce):

<div id="sl_info_bubble" class="[slp_location featured]"><span id="slp_bubble_name"><font color="#008000"><strong>[slp_location name suffix br]</strong></font></span><span id="slp_bubble_address">[slp_location address suffix br]<span id="slp_bubble_zip">[slp_location zip suffix space]</span><span id="slp_bubble_city">[slp_location city]</span><span id="slp_bubble_phone">[html 1="ifset" 2="phone" language="br"][/html]<span class="location_detail_label">[slp_option   label_phone   ifset   phone suffix space]</span>[slp_location phone  suffix br]</span><span id="slp_bubble_website">[slp_location web_link]</span><span id="slp_bubble_email">[slp_location email wrap mailto ][slp_option label_email ifset email][html 1="ifset" 2="email" language="closing_anchor"][/html][html 1="ifset" 2="email" language="br"][/html]</span><span id="slp_bubble_directions">[html 1="directions" language="ifset"][/html][slp_option label_directions wrap directions]</span></div>

Christopher
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me Lance. I was asking about the actual bubble…which i know is a bit of a pain to implement.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

That wasn’t Lance that answered you on that question. 🙂

I understand what you mean,for instance, you may want to adjust the size of the Bubble, or the outline of the bubble itself not the conten in the box

Have you tried using CSS to adjust the bubble size? I havent played around with the actual bubble too much, I will when I have a chance, but if you can use the developer tools in either Chrome or Firefox and see where the map bubble info lives, you might be able to adjust it there (if it is doable) from the SLP divs.

I know that my bubbles are responsive, if I have a large Picture or featured site it appears larger when clicked.

Christopher
    Participant

ah! my apologies!

The issues is, the bubble is generated by inline styles with no classes or id’s and they sit outside the slp divs. There seems to be a view ways to do using infobox, infowindow, etc. and they seem relatively easy to implement if I was generating a single map manually…unfortunately, trying to work these plugins into SLP is a bit of a challenge and with my deadline, I don’t have the time to experiment :/

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,
    yes if you inspect element the SLP style for the div#sl_info_bubble is inherited from the theme and style, you would need ProPack to write your CSS, depending on how fancy you want to get you do not need to add a lot of plug-ins to be able to modify, just know some CSS, There is a tutorial on how to do that on the page and in the documentation.

Hope we were able to answer your questions, if not please let me know. If you ever need Customization of the SLP Plugin there is an option available for that too .Support Customization

Christopher
    Participant

i think we’re on two different pages….i need to modify the actual bubble itself, not the content/layout within. google generates bubble styles inline with a set of nested divs that sit outside slp divs.

Cici
    Keymaster

If it is a Google inherent function I do not have a suggestion, maybe someone else has found a work around. My suggestion addresses WP themes and the SLP styles that have been developed over the years to emulate the various WP themes.

Sorry I cant help you. I will mention it to the developer when he gets back from vacation. Maybe he has suggestions.

Christopher
    Participant

Thanks Cici. I tried a few workarounds using infobox and infowindow but neither solution worked out of the box with this plugin. Would be a good feature for a future version. Thanks again!

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, Sure, any Ideas , you can post under Ideas and Implementation

Not sure how much work or if it can be done, out of my realm.  I’m sorry we couldn’t help you further, Although I have bumped it up to Lance, just in case I am all wet in my assumptions.

If you like Store Locator Plus please leave a ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org. A huge thank you from Lance and his fellow code geeks!

P.S. I’m not one of the code geeks. 🙁

cici

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.