Calculating Incorrect Distances?

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Calculating Incorrect Distances?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

Hello! I have a question about how the locator calculates distance between locations.

When I view my locations page and share my own location (http://www.porterstonic.com/locations/), it seems to be calculating the distance between some locations incorrectly.

I have attached a screenshot of the distance calculated on my website (443.5km), and the distance calculated by a google map (712km) for a specific location. Can you explain why these numbers are so different?

Thank you for your time!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

No I do not know why. Since you have restricted how many km the pull down menu radius is showing I cant  “get there from here” when I do a search.

We do not calculate the distance, Store Locator Plus queries Google for locations.  How the Search works

Excerpt :  The way the base plug-in works is that it takes the selected state, asks Google what the geographic center of that state is, and uses the latitude/longitude Google returns as the starting search address.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.