Change text on 'Find Location' button

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Change text on 'Find Location' button

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Michelle
    Participant

We purchased the ‘enhanced results’ addon so that we could customize the display. One of the items we are supposed to be able to change is the text on the ‘find locations’ button.

I need the button to say ‘find contractors’ instead.

The only option I can find is to turn on or off the text button, not to change the text.

How can I change the text inside the search button?

Cici
    Keymaster

Michelle,

In order to assist users we need basic information about what you have installed and versions.

Read this before posting in Forum

If you are referring to the “Find locations” button , That can be done with Enhanced Search:

/documentation/store-locator-plus/user-experience/search-form/#find_button

/documentation/store-locator-plus/user-experience/search-form/search-labels/

Michelle
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. We are using the following versions:

• Store Locator Plus Version 4.2.67
    • Enhanced Results Version 4.2.07
    • Pro Pack Version 4.2.15
    • WordPress Version 4.1.1

I attached a screenshot of what our admin screen looks like. There is a checkbox for “use Find Location Text Button:”, but nowhere to change the text that appears inside this button.

Can you tell me where to find the filed to change this text?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Berenice , as mentioned to change the text that is contained in the “Find Location Button” you need to have Enhanced search. Checking that box without it only says “Put the Find Locations button on the search form”
    The format may be confusing in the SLP 4.2.xx series, That box will not look like that in the next release.

It works either way now as long as you have the ES add-on (which you do not at this time) but here is a picture of what it will look like when the SLP version4.3 is out.

P.S. For optimal compatibility You should probably update WP, they are now on Version 4.2.3, at least update maybe to 4.2.2. ?Read about their changes on the WordPress site, they had some security patches in latest versions I believe.

SLP has been tested for compatibility with 4.2.3

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Michelle,
    Here are some screen shots using your “Contractors” text for label, is this what you were hoping to do?

Hope it clarifies everything a bit.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.