Customize SPL

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Customize SPL

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Gunnar
    Participant

Hi There!

You have a super plug-in and have some questions about the customisation:

1. I am trying t0 customise my results with the add on: enhanced-results, but what ever I type in the layout box, no changes appear in the results html. For example:

<div class=”location_name”>[slp_location name]</div>

should only show the name in the result but still the column based result is shown. Am I overseeing something ?

2. Same problem with the bubble layout & map style. Anything i do is not shown on the SLP front side.

Thank you & cheers

Gunnar
    Store Locator Plus Version:4.3.24
    Enhanced Map:4.3.01
    Add-On: Pro:4.4
    Add-On: Ergebnisse:4.3.02

This Info Cached:1450559967
    WordPress Version:4.4
    Site URL:http://live.***.com

MySQL Version:5.6.19
    PHP Version:5.6.2

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:41 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:128M
    PHP Modules:

• This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Gunnar.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Gunnar.

Cici
    Keymaster

Are you trying to add a component to the Results layout and override the  SLP plugin style or you are just trying to change something in how it is displayed like color, fonts etc? They are two different subjects , there are videos about both and additional documentation.
    Documentation under View

Bubble Info Layout

There are tips under Advanced Topics  and also a video about customizing your own PlugIn style . ( name Headers give it a unique name etc)

The CSS rules should be added under the ProPack CSS box if you are trying to just overwrite the WP theme.
    Go to Experience/View/CSS Manipulation

There are some tutorials on these, specifically, CSS and Plugin Styles under Documentation Videos Playlist

Gunnar
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thank you for your replay,

I don’t need to make my whole own style and i selected “Sky Walk Rev 1” as default template. CSS hooks i load later with the Childs-Theme.

I just simply want to override the results structure, the bubble layout and the map appearance. In the screenshot you see the code I put in there.

What am i doing wrong ?

Thank you,

Gunnar

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Gunnar
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I have been figuring out how the plugin works and still no success.

i have seen this tutorial:

and done the same: choose template -> save changes -> edit map ->
    <span id=”slp_bubble_name”>[slp_location name suffix br]</span>
    -> save changes.

Logically the custom code should overwrite the template code, as implied in the video right?

Please I need some advice, i’m trying to figure this out 🙂

Thanks!

Gunnar

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Skywalk Rev 1 works best with the Premier package and is specifically developed to show columns and tables. It also shows a larger map. Try a different Plugin style that works with your theme.  The thumbnail view of how it will look is under the View page when you select the various styles (not all have thumbnail views)

There are other SLP plugin styles that  may work better with whatever WP theme you are using, the various styles were developed and added to complement either a Word Press Theme or were customized for a customer.

If there is something you do not like in that style , try a different one. If you want to change a modifier to the style , find out if it is inherited from your WP theme or from the SLP plugin style. (using Chrome of Firefox as shown in the CSS video) and determine where the style is coming from. If it says inherited from wp twentyfifteen for instance , you need to find that element  and add your tweaks in the CSS box.

If you want to change the whole Map display you are better off selecting a different SLP plugin style unless you are adept at writing the CSS and HTML.

for instance, I want to change the Map sidebar, I can inspect my map page , and see the rules under  div#map_sidebar

my location name shows up color:red. that is inherited from my WP theme twentyfifteen, so if I want to overwrite and change it to color blue, I need to change it using the CSS. The video  if you want to override the styles  is CSS

As far as the info Bubble I provided you with the documentation that shows the modifiers and attributes. The greyed out area shows you the elements and layout depending on the SLP style you selected. (My SLP style is Twenty fifteen )

If you want to add a label to display in the info bubble, find the field name and add that line in the MAP Bubble info layout. 

Gunnar
    Participant

Hi Cici,

My Answers are in between the quotes:

Skywalk Rev 1 works best with the Premier package and is specifically developed to show columns and tables. It also shows a larger map. Try a different Plugin style that works with your theme. The thumbnail view of how it will look is under the View page when you select the various styles (not all have thumbnail views)

Ok. All Pluginstyles work with my theme. They don’t look good, but they work.

There are other SLP plugin styles that may work better with whatever WP theme you are using, the various styles were developed and added to complement either a Word Press Theme or were customized for a customer.

If there is something you do not like in that style , try a different one. If you want to change a modifier to the style , find out if it is inherited from your WP theme or from the SLP plugin style. (using Chrome of Firefox as shown in the CSS video) and determine where the style is coming from. If it says inherited from wp twentyfifteen for instance , you need to find that element and add your tweaks in the CSS box.

If you want to change the whole Map display you are better off selecting a different SLP plugin style unless you are adept at writing the CSS and HTML.

for instance, I want to change the Map sidebar, I can inspect my map page , and see the rules under div#map_sidebar

my location name shows up color:red. that is inherited from my WP theme twentyfifteen, so if I want to overwrite and change it to color blue, I need to change it using the CSS. The video if you want to override the styles is CSS

Check, i already found the right CSS, and like i said before, i load every new CSS needed in an other hook in the childs theme. There is no problem how it looks, there is a problem how it works.

As far as the info Bubble I provided you with the documentation that shows the modifiers and attributes. The greyed out area shows you the elements and layout depending on the SLP style you selected. (My SLP style is Twenty fifteen )

If you want to add a label to display in the info bubble, find the field name and add that line in the MAP Bubble info layout.

Check, i already read the documentation on that one, but here is the core of the problem, what ever i type into the boxes, Bubblelayout as well as Mapstyle, i don’t see any changes in the on the frontside.

Why is this happening ?

With the code provided in the screenshot i should see 1 field in the Bubble and a Black and White map.

Thank you,

Gunnar

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Gunnar.
    Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Bubble layout if you want to just show the name should be  <div id=”sl_info_bubble” class=”[slp_location featured]”>

<span id=”slp_bubble_name”><strong>[slp_location name  suffix  br]</strong>

</div>

For the Map style  I download Snazzy Map free WP plugin (which did not exist when we came out with the copy and past JSON )and then selected and activated  Black and white

Snazzy Maps for wordpress

as far as the Map style you have not sure which one that is but  you can just look on their site and copy and paste  under map style. Black and white map under Snazzy Maps is

[{“featureType”:”road”,”elementType”:”labels”,”stylers”:[{“visibility”:”on”}]},{“featureType”:”poi”,”stylers”:[{“visibility”:”off”}]},{“featureType”:”administrative”,”stylers”:[{“visibility”:”off”}]},{“featureType”:”road”,”elementType”:”geometry.fill”,”stylers”:[{“color”:”#000000″},{“weight”:1}]},{“featureType”:”road”,”elementType”:”geometry.stroke”,”stylers”:[{“color”:”#000000″},{“weight”:0.8}]},{“featureType”:”landscape”,”stylers”:[{“color”:”#ffffff”}]},{“featureType”:”water”,”stylers”:[{“visibility”:”off”}]},{“featureType”:”transit”,”stylers”:[{“visibility”:”off”}]},{“elementType”:”labels”,”stylers”:[{“visibility”:”off”}]},{“elementType”:”labels.text”,”stylers”:[{“visibility”:”on”}]},{“elementType”:”labels.text.stroke”,”stylers”:[{“color”:”#ffffff”}]},{“elementType”:”labels.text.fill”,”stylers”:[{“color”:”#000000″}]},{“elementType”:”labels.icon”,”stylers”:[{“visibility”:”on”}]}]

see attached back end (using the Snazzy Map Plugin but I can also just copy and paste  and front end. Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Also showing coded Minimalist black and white copy and paste and Bubble info showing name only

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. Make sure you “save settings” afterwards when you change anything under Experiences/Map

If the above doesn’t work I am stymied. Thus why I attached screenshots in case one of your settings is different then mine as far as the Enhanced Map settings.  P.S. you can update to SLP 4.4.05 it works with all the 4.3 addons.

I changed the map style both ways, one way I downloaded and activated SnazzyMaps. and had nothing under Map Layout.

I found the element in the Inspect element for the info bubble and copied and pasted the line I needed and deleted everything other than the name. I got the results I believe youa re looking for, i.e. name only in info bubble and black and white map.

Second method I went online and explored Snazzy Maps and when I found a Black and white one I just clicked copy and then pasted it in the Map Layout. (Deactivated the Snazzy Map plugin so they would not interfere with each other.)

Then saved settings displays as shown in attached., I hope this works for you, keep me posted.

ciCi

Gunnar
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Happy new year!

Thanks for your replies, i give you feedback:

I put your codes into the right boxes and press “Save changes” and still no luck.

The snazzy plug-in does function and transforms the map into black and white.

So the problem is still the same, whatever i type into the boxes, press save changes, and nothings happens.

I updated every SPL plugin, and still no luck 🙁

I can give you an private login so you can see for your self what i do wrong…

Thanx

Gunnar

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  Gunnar.

Cici
    Keymaster

Gunnar, Base Plugin should be on 4.4.17 now.

It is possible that your WP theme is overiding some of the built in slp divs.

I cannot replicate your issue. If you would like the developer to login and troubleshoot your site please select login under Paid Support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.