Database does not match results

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Database does not match results

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Teri
    Participant

Am currently running SLP Version 4.2.36 with an up to date version of WP. Have noticed in the last few days, the locator results do not match the database. A store listed in the database will not show up in the zip code search results and vice versa.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Site URL?

Teri
    Participant

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Can you provide an example search and expected results?

Teri
    Participant

Example:

The following dealer, Four Corners Saddlery, Bozeman, MT 59718 is visible via the Admin panel upon login. But when searching on the locator they do not show up.

Yesterday I had a dealer show up on the website locator for zip code 18445 (within 200 miles).
    Red Barn Equine Outfitters – 86.6 miles
    246 Mountville Dr.
    Lebanon, PN 17046
    US

However the state abbreviation was wrong, and when I tried to find it via the Admin Panel, I could not find the record. If you need to login, please give me an email where I can send login info. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Teri.

Teri
    Participant

Hello? Any ideas?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Teri.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I sent you a private message via email asking for login credentials.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I’ve tested my “private flag” theory by editing the 59718 location (thanks for the login BTW) and checking the private flag, then editing again and unchecking to force it to write a proper boolean to the MySQL table.

Here is a related notice from earlier today:

It may be related to the private location listing marker.  Some versions of MySQL are setting the boolean field to NULL instead of true/false or blank.

Please try the latest prerelease and let me know if this fixes the issue.

I cannot reproduce on any of my test systems unless I forcibly set the privacy field to NULL so I am not certain the upcoming patch fixes the issue.

The prerelease is available for free here:

/product/store-locator-plus-prerelease/

This is NOT a production release.  Make sure your system is backed up before using this on a production website.

As for the location not showing up on the admin panel for the 17046 (PN) search, I had no trouble locating it by searching by the 17046 zip.   The manage locations search will scan the store name + address for whatever text you search for.  It is NOT radius driven.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Looks like 4.2.38 of SLP fixes the problem.

Let me know if you have more issues.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.