Directory Builder Showing Cities for Wrong State

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Directory Builder Showing Cities for Wrong State

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jowalski
    Participant

Hi,

I’m running into an issue where directory builder is showing cities for the wrong state.

Here is my list page using shortcode [[slp_directory by=”city” style=”list_with_count” filter_by=”sl_state=’VA'” landing_page=”/city/”]]

http://www.newsoundhearing.com/virginia/

If you click on “Richmond” it takes you to a page showing 2 Richmonds (1 in Texas & 1 in Virginia). Here is the shortcode for that page. [[slp_directory style=”landing_page” ]]

I tried adding a filter_by on the landing page, but didn’t have any success.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

Thanks!

Here are my stats:

Store Locator Plus Version:4.2.67

Directory Builder:4.2.10

Enhanced Map:4.2.09

Enhanced Results:4.2.07

Pro Pack:4.2.15

WordPress Version:4.2.4

Site URL:http://www.newsoundhearing.com

MySQL Version:5.6.25

PHP Version:5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:51 MB

PHP Post Max Size:100M

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi ,

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you on this, I have been out of pocket. Since I am not very proficient at using Directory Builder. I did put this on the list for the techie team.

I assume you have two different stores in your location database that have Richmond in them? Have you tried having one as featured?

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. I do know that results are based on an hierarchical logic, so since Texas is before Virginia alphabetically, it would stand to reason that it pops up first unless you rank it as higher than Richmond VA , you can do this since you have Enhanced Results.

Jowalski
    Participant

Hi Cici,

How would making 1 featured fix this?

From a usability standpoint, someone going from a “Virginia Locations” page will only want to see Virginia locations.

Likewise, someone going from a “Texas Locations” page will only want to see Texas locations.

I’m sure this had to arise previously. How have others fixed this?

Thanks,

Craig

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Craig,

I do not know if this has arisen in the past. If you do a little sleuthing and search the pages and post it might come up.  If you want to have an only return results a), or b)  normally I would say set closest to farthest to the person. This with the location sensor and the radius behavior should work. What I meant by featured or rather “ranked” ;   if all other factors are equal the hierarchy built into the logic is  results are alphabetical.

You want only locations for Texas to appear for people in Texas, only VA for VA or at least have the closest appear first.  I clicked on the link you provided again and now only VA came up, assume you found the resolution? If you have time and could post how you resolved that would be great.

Jowalski
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I’m still having this bug. Any progress?

When someone clicks from a Virginia Directory page:

http://www.newsoundhearing.com/Virginia/

It should really only give results for Virginia. Sorting doesn’t really solve the problem.

http://www.newsoundhearing.com/city/?sl_city=Richmond&directory_nonce=6da1f7d2ef

Any progress on fixing this?

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Jowalski,
    Re: Your current Plugin environment?, can you please post a screen shot of what it is now? As you can see by the latest Info and release we are on 4.3.08 for one. I do not know if you have the latest Enhanced results for instance, but their have been some updates with both the base PlugIn and other packs that may fix your issue.
    There were some patches as we went along that fixed ordering closest to furthest, map info bubble, results layouts etc.

Also there are quite a few new SLP developers videos

Jowalski
    Participant

Here is the environment:

Store Locator Plus Version:4.3.07

Directory Builder:4.3

Enhanced Map:4.3

Enhanced Results:4.3.01

Pages:4.3

Pro Pack:4.3.01

This Info Cached:1442346862

WordPress Version:4.3

Site URL:http://www.newsoundhearing.com

MySQL Version:5.6.25

PHP Version:5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:12 MB

PHP Post Max Size:100M

Cici
    Keymaster

Enhanced Search Addresses both Search Address Nearest to be set to Current Map instead of Worldwide. In addition there are discrete filters as well built in. Review that section and let me know if that helps your situation. I havent seen any other reports of this issue.
    P.S. You are at a point where you have more than a few add-ons and might want to consider a Premier Subscription. I believe you would be eligible for a discount on the set up fee. The premier subscription has new features added on a regular basis that might enhance your user experience, such as Google Influence Guesses. How it works is described in the documentation
    Video (go to number 7 on Playlist)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.