Display both a Store page link and a website link

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Display both a Store page link and a website link

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Timothy
    Participant

Hi

The solution shown here worked perfectly for me but one of the recent updates appears to have broken it.

/forums/topic/web-link-and-store-page-link/

This is the line of the code in the Enhanced Results field with the problem:

<span class=”slp_result_contact slp_result_website slp_dgl_fmd”>Full member details</span>

It seems to rendering the text “Full member details” outside the a tag rather than between it.

You can see it if you view the source code on this page:

http://www.bafra.org.uk/find-a-bafra-member/

Search for TN31 7AN and on the results below the map in the right hand column there is a gap between Website and Email and in the source you will see what I mean.

Store Locator Plus Version:4.3.20
    Enhanced Results:4.3.02
    Enhanced Search:4.3.01
    Pages:4.3.02
    Pro Pack:4.3.02

This Info Cached:1447345538
    WordPress Version:4.3.1
    Site URL:http://www.bafra.org.uk
    MySQL Version:5.5.45
    PHP Version:5.4.38
    PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:55 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:20M

Thanks

Tim

Timothy
    Participant

Sorry code should read:

<span class="slp_result_contact slp_result_website slp_dgl_fmd"><a href=[slp_location sl_pages_url]>Full member details</a></span>

Timothy
    Participant

I found the problem. The shortcode now needs to be surrounded by double quotes:

<span class="slp_result_contact slp_result_website slp_dgl_fmd"><a href="[slp_location sl_pages_url]">Full member details</a></span>

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Timothy, yes,    Thank you for answering your own question and posting here. Appreciate it!

🙂

Brady
    Participant

This perplexes me since on the Page Template documentation page it says “As of WP update 4.2.3 you can no longer have a shortcode in double quotes”. Page Template Documentation

Cici
    Keymaster

standalone short code. not the text. The statement was out of context.

The template should be written using basic HTML as allowed by the WordPress page editor in “text” (versus visual) mode. Your situation you are adding “tel:in the href and the shortcode. the above example he has not added another piece of text within the quotes, only the shortcode in double quotes. If you go back to your post maybe we can explain it better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.