Empty locations keep showing up

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Empty locations keep showing up

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jowalski
    Participant

Hi,

Periodically, I have empty locations show up in my list of store locations. By empty, I mean every single field is empty, but it still shows up in my list of locations.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Store Locator Plus Version:4.2.62

Directory Builder:4.2.10

Enhanced Map:4.2.07 , 4.2.09UPDATE HERE

Enhanced Results:4.2.07

Pro Pack:4.2.15

SLP Base Extensions:4.2.62

WordPress Version:4.2.2

Site URL:http://newsound.staging.wpengine.com

MySQL Version:5.6.24

PHP Version:5.5.9-1ubuntu4.9

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:50 MB

PHP Post Max Size:100M

PHP Modules:

Cici
    Keymaster

Jowalski,

Have you selected “Delete Permanently” and apply under the manage locations tab? If you have and that didnt work you might need to use Janitor. But make sure you follow the instructions and save export file first.

Jowalski
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks – Just tried “Delete Permanently.” I’ll see if it sticks.

Perhaps this is related . . .. Also, when I make a store page, it leaves a draft url in the database and never goes to the final URL. For example:

http://newsound.staging.wpengine.com/?post_type=store_page&p=5855

It should be different. The only way I’ve found to fix this is to edit the database directly.

Any thoughts?

Cici
    Keymaster

Do you have the Store Pages Add-on? I am not sure if that would be a solution to your issue but you may want to read the release notes anyway:
    /product/slp4-store-pages/

/documentation/store-locator-plus/add-on-packs/pao-store-pages/

There is a section in the troubleshooting documentation about permalinks.

Jowalski
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for replying. I couldn’t find anything in the troubleshooting or release notes to address the issue.

Yes, I have the Store Page plugin and have had it since 3.x. With 3.x I didn’t have this issue. It would generate the URLs with no issue. Now with 4.x I have this issue every time I create a new location.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Cici
    Keymaster

Umm, Ok have you updated to v4.1.02 ? Other than that…. Let me think: My thoughts are, “I am bumping this up to Lance”. Stay tuned:

Jowalski
    Participant

Up to date on all plugins.

Thanks for bumping up. Looking forward to what you guys find out.

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Latest  news:

Lance is working on a Major Release of SLP 4.3, it is going to fix a lot of errors and be less resource intensive on the back end. I am following his progress and coding notes/fixes in bitbucket but some (most) of it is way over my head.  I was testing the pre-pre-release and it was about to go live but because of something quirky I had in my configuration , it created the perfect storm.  I am the break-ee tester and he is the fixer.  Lance did some tracking of the issue and it pointed  back to some of the latest WP updates  creating some sort of interference that wasn’t detected on first blush.  So…this delayed the SLP 4.3. He is continuing to work on the SLP 4.3 version, working his magic behind the scenes. Am not sure if it is relevant to your issue but it sounds plausible if you didn’t have the problem before and now you do.

Anyhow, as mentioned the master is neck deep in the upgrade so it will be a bit longer before I can get his attention for this issue.   So its a bit of good news , bad news.  If its urgent, you know the drill. 🙂

Feel free to test out the Pre-release SLP 4.3.03 or 4, depending on how far he is in the testing. The more people to check it out and test it the better.

As usual be forewarned not to test it out on your live production site.

CiCi

Joe
    Participant

We are having the same issue and are on the latest stable release. Every day we see more empty locations. We have a page to add locations but this was happening before we added that and our site is not live yet.

Cici
    Keymaster

@joe

You may have noticed this was an old post and Jowalski provided us with all his Plugin Information. Please Read POSTING Guidelines

Glomming and stating me too doesn’t aide us to provide you support. First follow the advice in the above Posting guidelines links.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.