Enhanced Results Layout is out-of-whack

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Enhanced Results Layout is out-of-whack

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Adrienne
    Participant

URL: http://www.pearlriverusa.com/priver_2015/dealer-locations/

Store Locator Plus Version:4.3.14

Enhanced Results:4.3.01

Pro Pack:4.3.02

This Info Cached:1446035334

WordPress Version:4.3.1

Site URL:http://www.pearlriverusa.com/priver_2015

MySQL Version:5.1.55

PHP Version:5.3.13

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:43 MB

PHP Post Max Size:75M

PHP Modules:

Array

(

[8] => bcmath

[9] => calendar

[48] => cgi-fcgi

[0] => Core

[10] => ctype

[11] => curl

[1] => date

[12] => dba

[13] => dom

[2] => ereg

[40] => exif

[15] => fileinfo

[16] => filter

[17] => ftp

[18] => gd

[19] => gettext

[14] => hash

[21] => iconv

[35] => imap

[23] => json

[3] => libxml

[24] => mbstring

[25] => mcrypt

[26] => mysql

[27] => mysqli

[4] => openssl

[5] => pcre

[29] => PDO

[30] => pdo_mysql

[31] => pdo_sqlite

[32] => Phar

[33] => posix

[34] => Reflection

[22] => session

[36] => SimpleXML

[37] => soap

[38] => sockets

[20] => SPL

[39] => SQLite

[6] => sqlite3

[28] => standard

[41] => tokenizer

[42] => xml

[43] => xmlreader

[44] => xmlrpc

[45] => xmlwriter

[46] => xsl

[47] => zip

[7] => zlib

)

You can see that, despite plenty of space, the cells stack on top of each other. Additionally, the alignment is odd on the street address, but I can live with that, if that’s too difficult a fix.

I’ve temporarily changed to 5 other themes and all of them give the same odd, stacked layout. I’ve tried fixing this with custom CSS, but can’t seem to crack it. Ideas? Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Adrienne, which SLP “style” are you using under Experience/View

Can you take a screenshot of the Enhanced layouts and your CSS  in the SLP back end?

Thanks

Adrienne
    Participant

I am using Above and Beyond Nyloboard 02, though experienced the same issue on all Beside The Point options, as well. The enhanced layout should be the default (I tried a few changes, then went back to default), but hopefully you’ll be able to verify that through the screen capture. CSS should be mostly colors and fonts, as I think I deleted most of the other things I tried. Thank you!

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Adriene

you are trying to fix is your results elements correct? Under the #results box, you don’t have a rule under it?  I think you want to fix the Displays so first you need to Inspect Element to get teh commands for the areas you want to change : For instance : in my particular CSS ,some simple changes I made

div#map_sidebar

div.results_entry span.location_name {

color: green;

display: block;

font-weight: bold;

font-size:90%;

}

Watch CSS rules by Lance Cleveland

and the PlugInstyles youtube

Adrienne
    Participant

I apologize — I’m not being clear — I’m not as concerned about the CSS. I want to know why the slp_left_cell, slp_center_cell, and slp_right_cell are all stacked on top of each other, instead of floating up next to each other (see your example NyloBoard-Theme-01 here).

I marked some areas with color in the screen capture to help me explain:

• Area with pink — why is this such a large space above the store name/info?
    • Line with red — why is the text left-aligned, except the street address? (I understand why the website and directions are right-aligned.)
    • Area with blue — why isn’t this block in the center and horizontally aligned to the name?
    • Area with green — why isn’t this block on the right, horizontally aligned with the name?

Hopefully this will help clarify the question. Thank you so much!

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Adrienne, I understand.  It is definitely not the way it should look.

What WordPress Theme are you using?

Can you 1) copy and save your CSS in your notepad , at least for the results section

2)  blank out the code under the enhanced results locator layout,

3) save settings  and it will go back to default,

then , test by reloading in your browser to see if the results are reflected correctly?

I know you probably have a live site, but it will only take a minute and you can put it back after.

For some reason I am not able to download the Nyloboard style myself, there is something going on with some of the SLP styles in the background and I am trying to gather as much info for Lance as possible. He will be looking at them when he returns next week

Adrienne
    Participant

I was hoping the reset would do the trick, but no dice. (I’ve attached a screen capture again, for you to see.) I was glad to hear that what you suggested was something I’d already tried, so at least I was on the right track. Maybe that’s no so good for you to hear, though.

The theme is Bodega by Select Themes.

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, It is on his radar, I was asking about the theme because some have had conflicts with SLP in the past and sometimes it is an easy fix if you ask the theme author to check it for compatibility

Theme not so naughty list

I think it has something to do with the theme you are using, that it is overwriting the SLP Results layout, but as I mentioned there were some recent SLP style enhancements so I want to have Lance check it out first

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, It is on his radar, I was asking about the theme because some have had conflicts with SLP in the past and sometimes it is an easy fix if you ask the theme author to check it for compatibility

Theme not so naughty list

I think it has something to do with the theme you are using, that it is overwriting the SLP Results layout, but as I mentioned there were some recent SLP style enhancements so I want to have Lance check it out first

Adrienne
    Participant

I’ll wait to hear what you guys have to say, but it’s certainly possible there’s a conflict with the theme. For plug-in developers, there are more themes than can possibly be tested. For theme developers, there are more plug-ins that can possibly be tested. Just the nature of the beast.

The theme developer was able to quickly decipher a default animation setting that interfering with the map on initial load, but that was a super easy change — on to off. I hope either through the plug-in or the theme this will prove to be just as easy! thanks.

Adrienne
    Participant

Circling back to see if there’s a resolution to this? Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Adrienne, The Developer has been going full bent on updates to SLP and some of the add-on packs. I have identified this in the to do box but it might be a customization issue as mentioned. If it is something on your end, the only way to get him to look under the hood so to speak is to get on his support schedule or styling customization schedule. I have not seen any recent posts about the SLP plugin style.  Were you able to view any of his videos to see if you can resolve the issue, there are quite a few in the playlists.

Cici
    Keymaster

Let me correct my previous statement, it isn’t the only way to get him to look deeper and troubleshoot for you, it is the expedient, surest way to get on the schedule

Adrienne
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me — I’ve been on another big project that just uploaded last night, so will get back to this client to find out what they’re willing to pay for, as well as check for any additional updates within the theme. Thank you.

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, Sounds good, shoot an email via the support

Cici
    Keymaster

Adrienne, Did you get what you needed from Lances answers about updates? I know some of the old Plugin Stlyes are considered legacy now.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.