Enhanced Results won't activate when I install it

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Enhanced Results won't activate when I install it

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Brandon
    Participant

I can’t get enhanced results to activate. Every time I click activate, it gives me the “plugin is activated” but still comes up as inactive.

Also, I am having issues with the updates to all of the plugins (add-ons and main plugin alike)

Cici
    Keymaster

Brandon, Please post your current PlugIn info (click here to see what we need) ie versions etc. that you have installed. Please go to the Store Locator Info tab /Plugin environment, if you can provide a screen shot of that it would help us.

Brandon
    Participant

Attached is the plugins list of all of the plugins I have purchased from you. As you can see the Enhanced Results won’t activate after I hit activate (eventhough it says ‘Plugin Activated’). Also, if I go and up date the rest of the plugins, it breaks the website and the updated versions of the plugins don’t work. So I need help with two things: 1. getting the enhanced results activated and 2. getting all of the plugins updated and functioning together. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Piani
    Participant

Very strange. To get the Enhanced Results updated you first need to update the SLP main addon. What is stopping your updates can hardly be a issue with SLP since it seems to works fine on all other sites.

You can try change the site theme to a standard Twenty Forteen and then test to update to see if you have problems with the theme. Also try login with another web browser and see if that solves the update issue.

Piani
    Participant

Other things you can try if that dosent help:

1. Deactivate all SLP addons and try update the core SLP plugin first.

2. Download the latest version from jour account page here at SLP site and install the plugin via file to get the update.

Brandon
    Participant

My theme used to work with the older version of SLP but now that I have updated the plugins, but the plugin no longer works as expected. What can I do to fix my current theme to get it to work or to the plugin to get it to work with my current theme?

Cici
    Keymaster

Brandon.

There were a lot of updates and changes to the WordPress environment and a lot of security patches. At one point they had a bug back in 4.1 and on that deleted all the Custom themes in all directories.  Your SLP plugins are woefully out of date. Make sure you update them in the correct order after you have saved your custom theme.

Any custom themes you had from 4.2 will not be automatically updated when you jump up to version 4.3, so save the child theme first and then upload.

For additional information please follow the steps in the post in the forum with Nik and Piani here:

Custom themes updates

First you need to create and save your custom theme as a child theme and then save settings in SLP under the Experience/View tab.

Check the wp plugin file  directory mentioned in the steps in the forum post to make sure it is there.

When you update your versions, you must deactivate and delete but when you install, make sure you install the Base SLP plugin 4.3.11 FIRST, then the add-ons.

Thanks for using Store Locator Plus

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Brandon

Please also read and keep up with the latest news and info with Important messages. There are also new tutorial videos under Documentation

UPDATE to 4.3 Instructions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.