Error on admin settings page under 'Locations'

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Error on admin settings page under 'Locations'

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mariane 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mariane
    Participant

I bought SLP Pro 5 days ago and I’ve been getting this error ever since:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_section() on a non-object in /home/okgazett/public_html/staging/wp-content/plugins/slp-pro/include/class.csvimport.locations.php on line 395

I get this error when I go to ‘Locations’ under the ‘Store Locator Plus’ admin menu. Fortunately, I was able to insert my locations directly into the database, otherwise I can’t even get to the import functionality.

Please help as I need to have my users who don’t know SQL to be able to add/remove locations. Right now, that functionality is completely broken.

SLP v 4.2.36

SLP Pro v 4.2.04

I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled both plugins. I also removed the tables from the DB after uninstalling in case there was an issue with how I imported locations. Nothing remedied the issue.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Mariane.

Mariane
    Participant

Here is the code in question (bold line is 395):

function create_BulkUploadForm() {
    $section_name = __(‘Import’,’csa-slp-pro’);
    var_dump($this->settings);
    $this->settings->add_section(
    array(
    ‘name’          => $section_name ,

‘opening_html’  =>
    “<form id=’importForm’ name=’importForm’ method=’post’ enctype=’multipart/form-data’>”  .
    “<input type=’hidden’ name=’act’ id=’act’ value=’import’ />” ,

‘closing_html’ =>
    ‘</form>’
    )
    );

I added the var_dump($this->settings); This returns NULL, which explains the error, but I’m not sure why it’s not an object.

Mariane
    Participant

After reverse engineering a bit, I’m wondering if I caused some issues when I imported CSV directly into my database.

Did I somehow mess up the CSVImportLocations instance? (I believe $this->settings is referencing the instance of CSVImportLocations->settings).

CSVImportLocations extends CSVImport, and since this error only occurs when Pro Pack is enabled, I’m thinking I screwed something up. It also seems it only creates an instance of the class if one does not exist, so maybe I screwed up the one that already exists.

I tried uninstalling the plugins and then deleting any tables dealing with SLP as well as every row I found in the wp_options table dealing with SLP, but the error was still present on reinstall. Wouldn’t it create a new instance of that class on reinstall?

I know enough PHP and WordPress to get confused haha.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Mariane.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.