Export and Import of Extended Information does not work properly

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Export and Import of Extended Information does not work properly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Toon
    Participant

Although all seems to be set to handle UTF8, bulk uploading store locations does not function when there are letters with accents (such as é, ë) in one of the text fields.

I can enter such data without any problem manually.

Any tip what I could possibly do to solve this (see example input file with sl_tag input that is creating the problem)?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

The SLP team are working on some csv import functionality for extended fields but the problem you mention is not wide spread and I do not have the bandwidth to be able to answer you on this. SLP does have a lot of international customers. If you discover a work around, perhaps from the wider WORDpRESS or coders community could you share it with me? If I discover a magic bullet I will get back to you as well. Thanks!

Toon
    Participant

Searching the forum, I discovered posting #9320 in 2013 that guided me to the solution of my problem.

I discovered that with my country settings, Excel does not create csv files in utf-8 format.

The solution proposed in #9320, opening the csv file in Notepad and storing it again with the option utf-8 selected, solved my problems immediately.

I suppose this may occur in many country settings.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Toon, Thank you for sharing with the forum. I did a little research on my own as well. In the past, (Perhaps on a News or info pahe) Lance suggested importing csv using Google sheets. It seems to be easier than using the Excel conversion as you noticed. I will ask the technical team to perhaps add something about UTF8 conversion under the new FAQ page.
    Thanks again for your input and I wish you “mucho” success.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.