Featured Location CSS Class not beeing added

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Featured Location CSS Class not beeing added

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Bjoern
    Participant

Hi there,

I am using SLP4 with Plus Package, Enhanced Results and Widgets on WP 3.8.3.

My problem is the featured location css code not beeing added to the result. It’s set in results layout (see screenshot) and the location is set to featured, but the css class is not beeing added. I am using a changed version of the default theme, but also the default themes are not working. The SLP is called via shortcode [SLPLUS only_with_tag=”Installateur”]

Thank you for your help

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Bjoern. Reason: tags
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Bjoern.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bjoern
    Participant

Hi there,

here is a live link to the site http://bjrnd.de/hbrd2

A postal code where a featured location is is 20257 – DZ-4 GmbH is set to featured.

Any help would be really appreciated

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Bjoern.

Bjoern
    Participant

Hi,

changing the shortcode from [slp_location featured] to the german translated version of the field to [slp_location favorisiert] did the trick. Now featured locations get the class 1 added, I can work with that.

Maybe this should be written somewhere in the documentation.

Kind regards

Björn

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Good to know.  I had no idea the extended data fields were translated at that level as well!

Bjoern
    Participant

Maybe my other problem with featured locations is located at this somewhere too.

I’ve taken a look at the database and the database field in wp_sl_extendo is called “favorisiert” (translated version of featured). Maybe there is a problem too, your code trying to write into featured and the output is trying to access from favorisiert

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Thanks for the report. I am going to get someone to look into this for the next patch release. It needs to be 100% consistent. It is OK if it translates the field (though I’d prefer it be consistent with the base plugin) but must read/write using the same convention.

I can also see in the code that the sort orders will not work either if the field name is NOT ‘featured’.

The translated name is going to cause a LOT of problems. It also makes it a LOT harder to support.

Now I have a bigger problem. Legacy systems will have a column with a name in the native language like “favorisiert” but it really should be in English as “featured” for support/coding/documentation consistency. Changing it is going to be a nightmare for existing installations (like yours) but not changing it is going to be a multi-year nightmare for support/coding/documentation. 🙁

Bjoern
    Participant

Is there a way to force SLP to work in english? Only SLP, the WP Backend needs to stay local for my customer, but I manage SLP and can work with the original.

The problem with the columns titles in german/english mashup is really messing up a feature I need and bought especially for this.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

The latest version of Enhanced Results will update the data fields to be in English. Read this post for details:
    /enhanced-results-fixes-for-non-english-featured-locations/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.