How to add Result Labels?

Home Forums Store Locator Plus How to add Result Labels?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Heath 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Heath
    Participant

Hi Lance,

I am trying to add some labels to the results table under the map. I’m not a programmer nor do I know CSS or HTML very well, but given an example, I can often figure things out.  I couldn’t find any in the documentation.
    I have Results Labels options as part of the Results User Experience. The Directions and Website labels work but the phone and fax do not.
    I also want to show the ID which I have managed to do, but of course in the results table the user just sees a number. I would like to add “Map ID” before showing the field attribute.  Could you give me an example of how to do this for Map ID and I can add the rest.  Incidentally, I only see two columns (left and right, nothing in the middle).

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1024"] Results Layout Settings[/caption]

Here is what I see on the map results:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1024"] Results[/caption]

Cici
    Keymaster

Please post your locations URL page.

Have you tried just adding the label as plain text?

<span class=”slp_result_address”>Map ID[slp_location id]</span>

Here is how the above works: The <span…> sets the style of the text

The [slp_…] gets turned into live data

Anything else between the span tags remains untouched and should be visible.

Heath
    Participant

Thanks Aaron,

I couldn’t post the URL previously as the site was not live. I have managed to get “Location ID” text shown next to the ID field, thank you (though the ID does change each time I import, but that’s another matter I guess).

I do have a few issues still:

1. looking at the layout code for results it suggests there is a middle column. I only see two, not sure why.

2. For Featured results the shaded box does not cover the width of the results table.

3. With the bubble layout I see I can swap br for space or comma but can’t seem to get a comma and a space working.  (the listing currently is all set to br)

4. As above, I would like Directions, Website and Email all on the same line but the code for this is more complicated than the basic address fields and I can’t figure out how to do it.

Hope you can help,

many thanks,
    H

http://ukrecoverymap.com/map/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.