How to Remove Text

Home Forums Store Locator Plus How to Remove Text

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Kami
    Participant

I have SLP, as well as extensions Tagalong, ProPack and Enhanced Search. Below the map where the results are displayed, before anything is searched, there is text about how to search that I would like to remove. It says “<span style=”color: #747474; font-family: ‘PT Sans’; font-size: 13px; line-height: 20.0200004577637px;”>Enter an address or zip code and click the find locations button.” However, I don’t have the Zip code option available, and I would like to remove this. How do I do that?</span>

Web address: http://www.preclaboratories.com/where-to-buy

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide your Plugin Environment, see Posting guidelines for information regarding the details we need, version info etc.

You can also search with  key words under the new Documentation site

Kami
    Participant

Please see attached plugin environment screen shot.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Kami.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Change Labels under Experience, search See documentation

Cici
    Keymaster

Oh wait

I see what you mean  if you inspect your site you can hover over it and it tells you

#map_sidebar > div

You can change using CSS rules since you have ProPAck. There are tutoria videos if you need help with CSS.

It is dependent on the SLP plugin style you have selected..  Look to see if you have any CSS rules under your Layout now.

Kami
    Participant

My theme is iThemes Herschel NyloBoard 01. At one time, support helped me modify the CSS to remove that text below the map. However, when the most recent update occurred, it caused problems with all of my extensions. I had to delete and re-download them, so none of my settings were saved. Can you please tell me what I need to add/change in the CSS section? Here is the CSS currently in the Search Layout panel:

<div id=”address_search”>

[slp_search_element add_on location=”very_top”]

[slp_search_element  input_with_label=”address”]

[slp_search_element dropdown_with_label=”city”]

[slp_search_element dropdown_with_label=”state”]

[slp_search_element dropdown_with_label=”country”]

[slp_search_element selector_with_label=”tag”]

[slp_search_element dropdown_with_label=”category”]

[slp_search_element dropdown_with_label=”gfl_form_id”]

[slp_search_element add_on location=”before_radius_submit”]

<div class=”search_item”>

[slp_search_element dropdown_with_label=”radius”]

[slp_search_element button=”submit”]

</div>

[slp_search_element add_on location=”after_radius_submit”]

[slp_search_element add_on location=”very_bottom”]

</div>

Cici
    Keymaster

Hmm it should not have deleted all your extensions if all you updated was SLP.

But

Delete the last line in the Search layout .  [slp_search_element add_on location=”very_bottom”]  Save changes.  

P.S> I  can offer you a coupon for a deep  discount off the Newer Experience Add-on that replaces the Old Legacy Enhanced Search,Map and Results.  The older legacy add-ons are not being supported nor maintained in the future other than any Major bug . Eventually they are not going to compatible with a version SLP 4.6 when it comes out

If you would like to find out how to upgrade to Experience Add-on and have  latest versions  available for regular updates please send an email to support and we will accommodate you with a deep discount (we are assigning coupons now for  this summer due to all  the new updates . We want people to have the latest versions available and they are faster and work better with the new core)

Kami
    Participant

Updating SLP deactivated the Pro Pack and Tagalong extensions. They would not reactive for me. I found another forum where several other people were experiencing this same issue. The solution that seemed to work for everyone was to delete and redownload/install the add-ons.

I tried deleting the last line in the Search layout [slp_search_elementadd_on location=”very_bottom”], but this did not change anything. The text to enter an address or zip code is still below the map.

I only just purchased the Enhanced Search add-on last November, so I have not yet even had it for a year. When will it no longer be supported? And what sort of discount are you offering for the newer version?

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Kiami,

I will send you an email with some coupons towards the new Add-on packs that I believe you should update to.  I noticed you bought ProPack and Tagalong in 2014 and Enhanced Search in November 2015. The Experience add-on has been in publication for quite a while.

As far as removing the text I was misinformed, Any labels can be changed within their respective tabs under Experience.  Just back space and then add a space and save changes, it will clear out any labels.

The line I was referring to just takes it out of the bottom position.

See the section about labels under the search panel settings

Kami
    Participant

CiCi,

There is no text in any of the Label sections. They were already blank before, but I tried adding a space, and it did not make any changes. I have attached a screen shot of what I am trying to fix. Below the map, there is a green bar that says “Distributors”. Below this, there is a line of text that says “Enter an address or zip code and click find locations button.” As you can see next to the map, the only way to search is by the Product drop-down menu. There is nothing there for zip code or address. In addition, the button is titled “Find Distributors”, not “find locations”. How do I remove this line of text?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

That is  your specific Store Locator Plus Plugin style iThemes herschelnyloboard which was designed with a customer in mind who wanted those specific words and that look and feel.

You can either Change SLP Plugin style under EXPERIENCE/VIEW to one that you like that has the features closest to what you want, just scroll through the long list and change it to see how it looks. If you had Experience Add-on or premier in many of the newer styles have screenshots that appear when you select them without  the  need to update, the screenshot of the layout and style appears below the selector

Or you would have to go in and use CSS rules. There is a tutorial video on how to do that (back to my first suggestion)

look at your site just by right clicking on Inspect, hover over the field you want to change and the div is identified there for you.

I am not sure which support customized CSS  for you, your in house tech support or do you mean someone at Store Locator Plus years ago?  Customization is usually a $500 code day.  Technical support where someone from SLP would go into your site as admin is Paid Support.  Customizing specific themes for customers is determined by the developer.  I think you might try changing the SLP plugin style first.

The CSS tutorial is easy to follow, I was not super techie and was able to modify my settings by following the video. These are  the lines you need to change.

<div id=”results_box_header”>Distributors</div>

<div class=”text_below_map”>Enter an address or zip code and click the find locations button.</div>

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.