How to use closest store text in an additional location on page

Home Forums Store Locator Plus How to use closest store text in an additional location on page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Michelle
    Participant

I would like to place the name of the closest store from store locator plus on a separate location on the same page as the store locator plus map.  Is there any way to do this?

Cici
    Keymaster

I am unsure of your question. Can you give me an example? Do you mean you want when someone searches to have the store closest to them Pop up instead of showing a map on your page? You can use the Hide map until Search, that would require Enhanced Map.
    Are you currently using StoreLocator Plus? If so could you provide me with a screenshot of your Plugin environment shown under the Info tab

Michelle
    Participant

When the page is loaded, the StoreLocator Plus plugin comes up automatically with a map and the three closest stores to my location.  I have a different, separate section of my page (closer to the top) where I would like to give the name and partial address of the closest store.  I’m hoping that I can someway get the closest store information from the StoreLocator Plus plugin.

I found the database table where StoreLocator Plus saves the locations, so I can do my own logic to determine the closest store, but I’m hoping not to have to do this.

I hope this helps.  We are using the latest version of StoreLocator Plus.

Cici
    Keymaster

When you say different section of the page, are you referring to the WP page that has the Store Locator Plus Short code on it? So after a search to have the closest result show up on a different location of your page instead of in the results list?

You can have featured and ranked settings using ProPack and having the location sensor on. But to have it appear above as a separate entity, do you want only ONE location to come back but still show the entire list of results?

Or only one location period? If the latter you might be able to do that with hooks and filters or a shortcode
    “only_with_”

Otherwise you can use the Experience add-on to fine tune the Search and Results and more. Search under the Documentation for tags, ramking etc/

You didnt mention what you currently have installed, to be of assistance we need your Plugin environment. (see posting guidelines)

Michelle
    Participant

Yes, same page as the short code.  Yes, different location.  No, not instead.

The Store Locator Plus is working fine and I don’t want to change anything about it.  I just want another location (on the same page with the short code) to also show the top search result.

For example, are the search results saved in a global php variable that I can use to inject the top result into a different place on the same page?

I’m using Store Locator Plus v4.3.24, Store Locator Plus : Pages v4.3.02, and Store Locator Plus : Pro Pack v4.4.

Cici
    Keymaster

SLP is now on 4.4.12, to get the optimum benefit you should update to that latest version. I understand what you want to do now. There are various Widget plugins that you should be able to use for something like that or you can look into the feature to set Ranks and Featured store locations , you can choose to have them as always show or ” show if in radius. That is part of the Experience add-on
    Additional Settings for Results

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.