Import – Duplicates issue

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Import – Duplicates issue

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ENEOS 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ENEOS
    Participant

When I import a new list and set duplicates handling to “Update,” the import tool does not seem to recognize the records by their unique ID. Instead, if there is any difference in the name or address, a duplicate record is added.

Something else interesting: the original list I uploaded included alphanumeric characters in the ID field. I just uploaded a list of Canadian locations, and their store IDs are numerical only. Those stores IDs are showing up correctly in the “Manage” list in the interface. However, the US stores, which have alphanumeric IDs, don’t have the correct ID listed. They have a numeric ID which doesn’t seem to correspond with the original Store ID contained in the uploaded list. Could it be that your import tool arbitrarily disregards alphanumeric IDs and changes them to a numeric ID (perhaps assigned by order of upload)?

Also, my issue seems similar to this issue, but I’m not sure whether it is the same, so I’m opening this separate ticket: /forums/topic/import-updates-not-working/

Note: I’ve tried to submit this ticket previously, but it does not appear in the forum. I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate submission.

Thanks!

Lara/ENEOS

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  ENEOS.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  ENEOS. Reason: keeps adding html formatting in the post??
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  ENEOS.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

All SLP valid IDs are digits only.  If you have alpha characters you are not using store IDs assigned by Store Locator Plus.      The column title must be ID or sl_id as well, otherwise the ID column is ignored.

ENEOS
    Participant

Lance, this is good to know. I had assumed it would accept whatever content we provided as the ID. Sounds/looks like it will just take a numerical code.

Follow up question: what would happen if an upload contained two records with the same ID? I’m not planning on doing that, but just curious about what would happen.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.