Import locations not completing

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Import locations not completing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angela
    Participant

Hi- I have a new SLP and Pro Pack Install. I just tried to import locations via csv and in Chrome it gave me this message:

<span style=”font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 22px;”>”Location not added. The add location form on your server is not rendering properly.”</span>

I googled around and found a post that said it was a Chrome issue, so I tried in IE. Now… the page has stopped uploading at 74 out of a couple hundred locations.

What should I try next?

Thanks for your help! 🙂

Angie

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Angela. I would look at location #74 and 75 to see if there is something strange in the data (unescaped apostrophe, ampersand, backslash, or other reserved characters.)

I’d also break the list into two parts. Try locations 101-200 and see if that imports correctly. If it does, then it points to a problem with the data itself.

200 locations isn’t a lot to cause a timeout, so I would look at the data first.

Angela
    Participant

Hi Aaron,

I appreciate your response. I have spent a long time going through the data now and am actually wondering how well this plugin will work for us. We need to have an international list of test centers, so there are some backslashes, etc. depending on how the address is in that country.  I have a read-only set of my data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TMoHesMTv9lAM62psdrp_dGEoS2vzeW3O3Jgn7orH-c/edit?usp=sharing

Will you look at it and let me know if you think it will be possible to utilize SLP?  I think SLP is the best available option, but maybe you all offer a product or there is something I can do to make it work.

Thanks for your help! Not knowing the full capabilities of this powerful plugin has put me at a loss for where to go next.

Angie

Cici
    Keymaster

As long as the file is formatted correctly it should import fine. Try adding some locations manually to Store Locator Plus and exporting them to see what the format and headings should look like. I’m not an expert at importing, but it’s a good idea to start with headings from an export file. Its okay to have some columns blank.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.