Import problem of locations

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Import problem of locations

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lars
    Participant

Hi,

i have two problems with the import of locations. I’am using SLP Pro Pack.

My first problem is, when i’am import an csv file and activate into the menu import, file settings the checkbox “first line has field name”, i’am missing after the import the contents of the fields “adress” and “adress 2”.

My second problem is, the import only working with an csv file without ID. When i’am import an file with ID, the ID was imported as location name.

i have attached the csv file, one file with ID and one file without ID.

I’am using Store Locator Plus Version 4.5.06, Pro Pack Version 4.5 and Widget Pack Version 4.3.03.

Kind regards
    Lars Vogelmann

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Are you updating an existing locations with the import?  i.e. where did you get your  sl_id from?   If you are importing new locations they do not already have  an sl_id.  You do not need quotes around your addresses,is that the way your csv file was created or did you add quotes yourself in your file.    Please see the documentation and here is an example of one of my csv files.

Special Processing

If the sl_id column is present the import will look for a pre-existing location with the same ID and update it.

Attachments:

Lars
    Participant

Hi Cici,

i have changed our csv file into an version without quotes.

Then i’am delete the locations into our test system and import the adresses without ID.

The same problem, i am missing the field adress. The adress also exist into the csv file.

I’am attached a screenshot with the problem, the import setting and the csv file.

Kind regards
    Lars Vogelmann

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

are you using the sl-address as the field heade? You spelled it with one d in your example of the csv file…it MUSt be the same exact data filed header that we show in our documentation and as shown in my attached csv file.

the field header spelling is in English, perhaps it is an oversight that you did not notice (the spelling) see my field headers from my csv file:

sl_id,sl_store,sl_address,sl_address2,sl_city,sl_state,sl_zip,sl_country,sl_latitude,sl_longitude,sl_tags,sl_description,sl_email,sl_url,sl_hours,sl_phone,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.