Latitude and Longitude from Custom Form

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Latitude and Longitude from Custom Form

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joe
    Participant

Hi!

I created a custom frontend input form for store location. The data is stored correctly and the store location shows up in the Locations table on the admin side as if the entry was submitted from the backend admin form…EXCEPT my form does not get latitude and longitude coordinates for the given address using the Google API like the backend admin location input form does. (The row is pink in the backend admin location table with text “Inactive. Geocode to activate.”)

Is it possible to make my custom frontend form get latitude and longitude coordinates from the submitted address by leveraging the functionality that is already built into this plugin?

Cici
    Keymaster

Joe,

Are you currently using Store Locator Plus Plugin or is this a question about how the Plugin works? You can import locations  using a CSV file format if you purchase ProPack.

There is an add-on called Gravity Form Integration that works with Gravity Forms , as far as having it interface with your custom form,  it would possibly be a paid customization if the SLP developer agreed to take that on. With already having the GFI add-on it might not be viable. Suggest you look at the GFI as a possible solution.

Joe
    Participant

Cici,

My goal is to have a front-end location input form that gets latitude and longitude coordinate data for the given address and then saves all that info to my database.

So far, I have a front-end form that saves the address info in exactly the same place as the back-end admin form that is built into Store Locator Plus, but it does not product the coordinate data for that address.

I visited the link you provided to the Gravity Forms Integration add-on, but it is unclear to me how that add-on works and how it will help me accomplish my task. If I purchase that add-on, and I create a custom front-end form using Gravity Forms, does the add-on automatically get latitude and longitude coordinates for the address entered into the form and populate the database with that data?

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I don’t have the answer for that since the GFI  add-on is a third Party add-on and I do not use it personally so I  cant test it but ProPAck allows you to export data (I know I said Import but it does both). Would you be able to create and have your custom form import a CSV file?  The CSV file would have Lat/Long in the export.

If you dont mind waiting I can ask the SLP and/or third party developer about the Gravity Form scenario.  But it sounds like you would need the export feature either way.

Are all your data location files already populated in the SLP base plugin?

Cici
    Keymaster

Either way you would need the Store Locator Plus plugin, you hadn’t indicated if you currently have it installed or if you are just shopping around.

To do any Bulk Data Import or Export that runs it through SLP for  the geocoding function would require ProPack. The release article from last January might give you a better explanation as to how Gravity Forms and Gravity Forms Integration works.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.