Layout and Formatting is Messy

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Layout and Formatting is Messy

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Mark
    Participant

Wondering if this is an issue with my theme. I have the Pro-Pack and have tried every theme. I’m not afraid to pay for what I need, I just don’t know what I need. I have attached a screenshot and provided a URL.

Please advise.

http://pcpworks.com/locations-physical-capacity-profile/

I just want it to look like this: http://bmrp.com/benchmarkpt/locations/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

ProPack allows you to customize the feel and look of the map, do bulk imports and exports, etc. The Word Press “themes” are the styling and look of the website pages.

/documentation/store-locator-plus/user-experience/view/locator-layout/

Please review documentation pages to see what features you may need or want to complete your objective.
    I am not sure what elements of the other web site you are looking for. Side bars? Reduced radius/zoom so that the whole US map isn’t appearing? There are various plug-ins that add different capabilities depending on what you are trying to obtain for a result.

/documentation/store-locator-plus/user-experience/search-form/

Mark
    Participant

I will do some reading, but I didn’t see anything that addressed the appearance of my listings below the map with all the extra spacing?

http://pcpworks.com/locations-physical-capacity-profile/

Cici
    Keymaster

Let me look at your map again, wasn’t sure what you were trying to emulate

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, What theme are you using? I have my own test site from user experience and mine does not look at all like that. I use the Word Press theme 2014 but I entered only a few sites and entered them individually , did you load your sites using the bulk importer? If so read about how to set up the bulk importer csv file using excel or Google docs. Google docs works well. It looks like a formatting issue

/documentation/import/

/documentation/store-locator-plus/locations/bulk-data-import/

Mark
    Participant

Thank you Cici. I am using Modernize Theme from Themeforest. I will check the spreadsheet setup again. I added a test location later without importer and I still had the spacing. I will give it a try without.

Cici
    Keymaster

Mark, I posed the question to the guru of gurus…Lance. he looked at your site very quickly and the data and it looks like it is set up correctly.

So he believes it is a CSS issue which was my first guess. Also he saw that you were using a 3rd party minify / cache plugin that is interfering with some CSS rules and JavaScript. Suggested that you NOT cache/minify the SLP javascript or CSS.

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/#javascript_debugging

/slp-the-nice-list/

Please let us know if this helps.

Mark
    Participant

Greatly appreciate the help. I will give it a try this evening and report back on what I found.

Cici
    Keymaster

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/known-conflicts/#themes

Some of the Theme Forest themes have  issues, not sure about the one you are using. I will  let Lance know. He had others on the list that have known conflicts. Cant guarantee he will have a chance to look into it. He is trying to wrap up some projects and deadlines so he can take a much needed vacation!

Cici
    Keymaster

Its not the importer. Lance ruled that out, pretty sure it is your theme. See above thread.

.Looking for faster forum responses?  Check out the Premier Subscription.   Premier forum questions are answered within 1 business day.  Customer that purchased the Kitchen Sink or The Experience package can have the setup fee waived. 

Mark
    Participant

Disabled both cache and minify settings in the plugin with no resolve. Backup up the site and going to try disabling the plugin this evening.

Would be interested in getting Store Locator working to perfection on this site both in appearance and capturing statistics…which its not right now. If offer a service that would do this, I would pay for it.

Cici
    Keymaster

Mark, I just sent you an email with information concerning support for theme fixes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.