Limite featured results to 1

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Limite featured results to 1

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tracy
    Participant

Is there a way to limit searches to show only one (1) featured (or category) result, and N other results?

For example, is it possible to show one result from one category (service), and N results from another category (retail) using Tagalong? In your example for Tagalong you mention showing different Map Markers for retail versus service centers. I would like to essentially limit the number of “service centers” to one (the nearest) and then show however many retail locations within selected radius.

I hunted and hunted through the code, but could not make heads or tails of how I could set featured results limit to one.

thanks!

Tracy
    Participant

Has anyone figured out a method to do this?

Cici
    Keymaster

I will ask the technical guru when he becomes available, working on updates at the moment. It sounds like you want a multi-functional map set to nearest and category. in essence two map results. Is that correct?
    Do you have other SLP plug-ins also installed. i.e enhanced search or enhanced results? You may want to read the information in the product(s) description to see if that would work for you.
    /product/slp4-enhanced-results/

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

There is no method available via standard settings to show n-results from category A and m-results from category B.

You can put featured listings above others, order by category count, and other sorting methods but no “limit results based on category” as noted above.

It is something that may be able to be customized. Should take no more than 2 code-days, however my customization schedule is booked through middle-of-August at the moment.
    /product/customization/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.