Link Location Name to web page in Results

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Link Location Name to web page in Results

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Lee
    Participant

I’m sorry for starting a new topic on this, but my last post on this topic was closed before I could reply.

I would like the location name in the search results to link to the location URL rather than the map.

I have SLP 4.3.01, Pro Pack, 4.2.15, and Enhanced Results 4.2.07.

I have tried to make this change by going to the Experience tab and clicking on View, but I can’t seem to edit the Enhanced Results Layout. It won’t let me type in that box.

Thanks,

Lee

Lee
    Participant

I would like to change the link for the location name in the results so that it goes to the website link rather than the map link.  Is that possible?

Thanks,

Lee

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Lee,
    I am sorry I don’t understand your question. Do you want a different page as in individual store pages?
    Pages (aka Store Pages)

If you could please provide your plugin environment information whenever you post a new question that would help us immensely. Although each and every customer is important to SLP team, we do not remember everyone’s purchases now their environment.

A quick screen shot of your environment would suffice. See what we are looking for under the Info Plugin environment:
    /documentation/store-locator-plus/getting-started/features/

and follow the guidelines when posting .
    What we need to help you

Cici
    Keymaster

Lee,
    Sorry for closing your previous post didn’t have any plugin environment information, appreciate you providing it above.
    Answer:
    You do not enter any changes or CSS in the View Box, to change results layout go to Experience panel under Results Layout. The view is to see what has been changed and what it looks like now.

You should update your add-on packs to 4.3 as well for better results. They have been tested and work together, the updates may not appear on the WP admin bar, go to your account and log in and select the add-on downloads. Bug fixes for Enhanced results (changing website label for instance) was fixed in the 4.3 patch. SLP is on 4.3.01 as you have noted. ProPack should be updated as well.

If you want to manage each location store to have its own page, review the Pages add-on pack as well.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Cici. Reason: add screenshot
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lee
    Participant

Thanks for responding, Cici.

I’ve updated everything to the latest versions, and I see where to edit the results under Results Layout.  I’m just not sure how to make the change or if it’s possible.

Please look at our live site at http://www.rightatschool.com/program-finder.  Enter 60614 for the zip code.

I’d like for the school name in the left column of the results to go to the Website URL rather than opening the popup on the map.  It’s the same link as for “Program Details.”

The Pages plugin probably wouldn’t work for us because we have some very specific requirements for each of our 70+ locations.

Thanks very much,

Lee

Cici
    Keymaster

You should be able to do that with the Enhanced Results , Locator Layout and ProPack by changing the CSS and knowing some basic coding and style elements there is a tutorial Lance produced  as well. Look a the video section under documentation

CSS

Lee
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Apologies, but I’m just getting back to this thread, as we are exploring new solutions around the links on our search results. I now have SLP 4.3.20, SLP Enhanced Results 4.3.01, and SLP Pro Pack 4.3.02.

Is it possible to add a custom field for a different link, such that the school name (which currently links to the map) can be changed to a web site link, while the current placement for the web site link goes to a different link? We want to give people separate options for going to our school pages and our registration system.

Also, our prior message references something called “Locator Layout.” Is that a separate plugin? I can’t find it on your site.

Thanks,

Lee

Cici
    Keymaster

Locator Layouts under Documentation. You can add any url link under the Manage Locations/Details/ link.  And you can then change the name of the field name that will appear in the results under the Experience/Results/Labels Results Labels Documentation
    Website URL Link
    Search results text for the website link.Changes the Locations tab field label on the admin interface.

You can see if Extended Data Manager would suit your needs.  Look at the documentation for that as well.

Otherwise you might ask the developer if he can customize a solution for you. You can send an email to contact support and I will assign it.  He is currently at a Word Press seminar so I am trying to ask  him a few intermittent questions.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. The SLP plugin is on 4.3.23 now, but 4.3.22 is ok too.  Enhanced Results is 4.3.02. For latest news you can

subscribe to the News Feed

Besides Extended Data Manager there is also Contact Extender

I haven’t used that very much, I can fool around with it when I have time  I am Not sure of  all your specs, and/or requirements just an idea. We mentioned Pages as the one that has those click to go to site  options, but you mentioned that wont work for you.

Lee
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I updated to all the latest versions of SLP, Enhanced Results and Pro Pack, and I also purchased Extended Data Manager.

Through Extended Data Manager, I added a new field called Registration, and I updated all location data to include a registration URL that is now showing in the location records.

My question is: how do I get that registration URL to display on a link that says “Registration Info” underneath the normal website URL?

Thanks,

Lee Kantz

Cici
    Keymaster

You can do that by following the same rules and adding a div id , span class line in your Results Locator Layout.

Not sure if you want  to replace the registration Info to be a clickable html link or add a simple Non clickable line to the results.

Either way it would be added in the Results Layout.

Under your Results Layout add a line that is the <a href =”http:blahblah”….target =”blah blah”

or reference the name you called it in Extended data.

See the section under Default format. And add the line you want where you want it and then save your settings.

Results Layout

and

Extended Data Documentation

Lee
    Participant

This is still confusing to me. If the extended data slug is called “registration” and consists of a portion of the URL (after the domain name) containing the link the registration URL (such as /registration-hugheselementary), how do I structure the link with the slug? The instructions are not very clear.  Would it be:

Registration Info

Thanks!

Lee

Cici
    Keymaster

Lee, Are you able to post your question under Third Party Addons Forum? Extended Data is a third party add-on by DeBaat. He should be able to explain it better. If you post there we can redirect these type of questions to him. Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.