Location addition reset problem

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Location addition reset problem

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Michael
    Participant

When we click locations, the screen just rests to the home screen of the Store Locator Widget, and when we click on Pro Pack, the attached is what we see. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Attached are two screenshots of what we are seeing.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Michael.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

The technical person needs a url, post that in the forum and please read the Posting in forums. /forums/topic/read-this-before-posting/

Note:
    The import function is under the locations tab when ProPack is activated.
    /documentation/store-locator-plus/locations/bulk-data-import/

Cici
    Keymaster

The technical person needs a url, post that in the forum and please read the Posting in forums. /forums/topic/read-this-before-posting/

Note:
    The import function is under the locations tab when ProPack is activated.
    /documentation/store-locator-plus/locations/bulk-data-import/

Michael
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for getting back. I’m not quite sure what you mean by a url?

I probably didn’t explain this right. We know how to use the import function, and the pro pack is added and installed to wordpress. For some reason though it loads ridiculously slow, and when we click “Locations”, nothing happens. Essentially, we’re not able to add locations — it won’t take us to the screen anymore. When we’ve deactivated the pro-pack everything works ok, its only after activating it that there is a problem. The most important function of the pro-pack is the bulk upload function.

Any ideas what we should do? Not really sure where to go on this. We’ve used this before, but everything has sort of stopped working.

Thanks,

Cici
    Keymaster

What is your site PERMALINK (URL)

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/#permalink_issues

DEBUGGINg

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/#debugging

search in forum to see what advice was given to anyone having issues with slow uploads. This is not Store locator plus but more than likely an issue with your server or Javascript or Apache….

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Please post the versions of all your CSA plugins so I know what you have installed on which versions.

I have sites running the latest SLP and PRO versions with 40,000+ locations with no delays.

Have you turned on WordPress Debugging and/or tried JavaScript debugging to see if any errors come up?   One client had the SJJB icon set add-on pack with over 8,000 icons active versus extracting the few icons he wanted and loading them up via media manager.   That was loading 8,000 icons from a very slow disk and was taking 5+ minutes for the admin pages to render.

Using JavaScript & WP Debugging isolated the issue and we came up with the “turn off SJJB icon set after you get what you want” solution.

Follow the Debugging link CiCi posted for how to turn on WP debugging and look in the debug.log for any errors.

If your plugins are up-to-date and you are not seeing errors let me know and we can go from there.    My next guess will be a conflict with another plugin you have installed.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lance,

We have the latest version of all of our plugins installed. Versions below:
    SLP 4.1.31
    Pro Pack: 4.1.04
    Debug Bar: 0.8.1 — this was advised to be downloaded although not really sure how to put this in practice
    Debug My Plugin 0.9.4 — this was advised to be downloaded although not really sure how to put this in practice

In terms of better describing the issue, we don’t even get to the upload page. Once you click on locations, nothing happens or the website goes to a bad gateway, which it says 502 Bad Gateway, WP Engine/6.0.5.

Thoughts?

Neal

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

That is not normal.

Make sure you have WP_DEBUGGING and WP_DEBUG_LOG turned on. If there are errors on your site with the SLP install the Debug My Plugin + Debug Bar plugins will alert you to any errors with a red box on the top right of your admin pages, clicking that will give you any details on what is breaking.

If you are not seeing errors and cannot get the locator to come up please use the Contact form on this site to get in touch with me. Reference this post so I can dig in.

Others have had issues on WP Engine hosted sites and I’ve never been able to get to the bottom of it. When people moved to different hosting the problems went away. My guess is they are either missing some PHP libraries, running in a different PHP mode than is the norm, or are on a PHP version that I’ve not tested recently.

However, the very first place to look is debug logs for incompatible plugins/themes that will generate errors.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lance,

Thanks for this advice. I spoke to the Wpengine people, and finally got the plugin running by adding some code to the wp-config.php file. When it ran, here’s what popped up below. Any ideas for next steps?

<li class=”debug-bar-php-warning” style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; border: 1px solid rgb(204, 0, 0); padding: 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 235, 232);”>WARNING: wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/class-wpeapi.php:215 – file_get_contents(https://messages.wpengine.s3.amazonaws.com/f415fa2e43313e5396772449d0ab4e8d7666c29c) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
      <li class=”debug-bar-php-warning” style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; border: 1px solid rgb(204, 0, 0); padding: 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 235, 232);”>WARNING: wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/class-wpeapi.php:215 – file_get_contents(https://messages.wpengine.s3.amazonaws.com/C1090) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
      <li class=”debug-bar-php-warning” style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; border: 1px solid rgb(204, 0, 0); padding: 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 235, 232);”>WARNING: wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/class-wpeapi.php:215 – file_get_contents(https://messages.wpengine.s3.amazonaws.com/ALL) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
      <li class=”debug-bar-php-notice” style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; border: 1px solid rgb(230, 219, 85); padding: 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 224);”>NOTICE: wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/plugin.php:506 – Undefined index: page
      <li class=”debug-bar-php-notice” style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; border: 1px solid rgb(230, 219, 85); padding: 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 224);”>NOTICE: wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/plugin.php:509 – Undefined index: page
      <li class=”debug-bar-php-notice” style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; border: 1px solid rgb(230, 219, 85); padding: 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 224);”>NOTICE: wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/plugin.php:939 – Undefined index: HTTPS

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

The firewall where the server resides is not allowing direct HTTP requests from WordPress or, as appears to be the case here, the Amazon S3 bucket that is storing SOMETHING from your site is not allowing direct inbound requests to the file in question.   A map marker maybe?  Cannot really tell.  It may not even be Store Locator Plus that is being blocked/reported by these messages.

What is clear from the messages is you have a firewall / port / security restriction on server-to-server communications from the WP site install you have setup.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lance,

We just heard back from the wordpress people. They said, “By default, this is loading all 3518 items on this page, which is taking a long time. I got it to load the first time, but the second time returned a 502 error after trying to load the results for a while. This is because we have a process that kills scripts that are running for longer than a minute This process itself runs once a minute, so you have a 60-119 second window. WordPress has options like this in place for various pages, for instance, you can set it so that when you go to Posts in the Dashboard, it’ll show 5000 posts per page, but this will likely timeout if you have that many. They give you the option to go back into the database to manually set this limit lower. I’d recommend getting with the plugin developer to see if the default number of Locations to view at a time can be set lower to help avoid timeouts.”

Is this possible to have it load less? Let me know thoughts, and how I can potentially go about this.

thanks,

Neal

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lance,

Just wanted to follow up about this. Any ideas?

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lance,

Can you let me know about this? Our store locator is seriously lacking as we’re trying to resolve this issue. Please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Neal

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

The number of locations that are returned is set in the UX tabs.  There is  a setting for number of locations to return on immediate mode and in search mode.  They can be different and should never be more than a few-hundred MAXIMUM IMO.   NOBODY is going to look through a list of 3,000 locations on a page.

Go to User Experience / Results and set “Max Search Results” as well as “Number To Show Initially” to something sane.

If you are getting THOUSANDS of locations back and those numbers are set to a reasonable value then something is seriously wrong with how the plugin is operating in your environment.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.