Location Sensor Not Asking to Use Location

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Location Sensor Not Asking to Use Location

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jason
    Participant

Hello,

I’m posting this topic again because the original was closed before I could reply.  Perhaps in the future, it might be nice to leave topics open to replies from participants for longer than few days 🙂

Looks like the location sensor method being used doesn’t work in Microsoft Edge either. Firefox still prompts but it’s not a major player in our server stats.

Google Maps has an API that you can tap into for location detection. Please advise if the developers are looking into this matter as relying on SSL is a workaround we can’t implement at the moment.

Also, where can I access previous versions of the Pro Pack plugin? I’d like to downgrade as a test as our custom results layout has changed after the update as well.

Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Sorry my bad. I didn’t mean to close that thread.

1) It is still on Lances radar , he just has a lot of catch up and some paid customization projects to finish up.

I do still have it as a task for him to look into in Asana.   I see that you had posted similar question about a couple of years ago regarding something to use as a fallback with IP address , I can mention it to him next time I see him.

2) What version of ProPack are you looking for? Did you keep the zip file anywhere on your desktop by any chance?

I might have an older version zip file somewhere on my desktop I would have to check.  You custom layout shouldn’t have changed when updating, did you happen to also update WP 4.5 and or your theme around same time?

Others have used Location Sensor with Edge and it seemed to work for them.I noted that Piani reported it worked for him using Edge it was only Chrome that was the issue.

Thanks

CiCi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.