Location Sensor Problems

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Location Sensor Problems

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Webxopt
    Participant

Hi Lance,

I am having problems with the location sensor in Pro Pack. I have it switched on but also have on the Enhanced Search so I can load addresses in the URL string. Then I go to one of these addresses like http://www.findelectricalwholesalers.co.uk/locations/?address=birmingham+UK. It first finds me and loads the map of my current location, then it switches to a position exactly in between my location and the requested location (you’ll probably end up in the Atlantic Ocean somewhere).

I have been wondering what’s been going on with this for a while as I keep getting a map of India! Apparently that is half way between my location in Aus and the UK!

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Cheers

Simon

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

It is working for me.   I see a bunch of places in Birmingham UK.

What browser are you using?

If you have Enhanced Map you can try turning off “Hide Immediate Home Marker” as well.

Webxopt
    Participant

Chrome on the Mac. I can get it to work too by hitting the search button. It just doesn’t got straight there.

Actually, it does seem to work in Firefox. Just not anything webkit based (Chrome, Safari Mac, Safari iOS or Chrome Android) they all show me the map of Badnawar in India, which looks like it’s between the me and the location in the URL. Once I hit the search button it then seems to find it with no trouble.

Cheers

Simon

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I see the issue on Safari / Mavericks as well.    Forgot I had switched to Firefox on my new MacBook due to all the problems with Safari on several sites I visit regularly.     I’ll dig in a bit deeper and see what I can discover about the JavaScript oddities.  Thanks for the report.

Ian
    Participant

This issue is now a problem again in the latest release (<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Consolas; font-size: medium; line-height: normal;”>4.3.03</span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>). Location Sensor works fine on PC and phones, but on Mac running Mavericks it does not work in </span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Safari and Firefox. </span>

Cici
    Keymaster

IAn, Have you updated to 4.3.07? Please provide your PLUGIN environment when posting as requested in the Posting Guidelines. Without this, the issue will not be bumped up to Lance or (if applicable) Debaat.

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

Ian, I have tested some of the Browsers you mentioned using Browser Stack, I do not have a MAC but Safari OS Mavericks is working on my site. Ditto Firefox. In order to better assist you, you need to provide the developer with your PlugIn environment details as requested in the Read This before Posting Guidelines. If we do not receive this information we cannot ask our Technical team to spend time and take them away from development and coding to address your issue. Thanks for your help and please reply if you have updated, what versions, whats your site, what version of MAC Safari, etc. and anything else .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.