London Postcode showing as in Algeria???

Home Forums Store Locator Plus London Postcode showing as in Algeria???

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

I have created a website using your plugin to map the client’s branches across the UK but for some reason when we enter the postcode – W1 2DY which is in London you get an address in Algeria.

Even if you add London in front of the search query you still don’t get the correct address, it comes back with a new address in France.

The website can be viewed here – revivalco.co.uk/find-your-branch/

Some help on this would be appreciated

Thanks<b></b><i></i><u></u>

Steve
    Participant

Any Ideas ??????

Gerry
    Participant

Hi Steve

There is no W1 postcode area in the UK. It’s W1A, W1B etc. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W_postcode_area. Test by searching on Google Maps itself – if it can’t find it there, SLP has no chance.

Gerry

(just a customer, not support)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Gerry.

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Steve

We would need your plugin environment to answer you efficiently.

Gerry is correct in his  answer,  but there are other add-on packs that will enable you to fine tune the interface  your customers user experience would be more accurate….

SLP does not control the Google Map lookup query, there is a function built in to SLP, when you add a location  under the Locations tab, a message shows up that says Store Locator Plus wants you to know that ‘Google thinks ..” And then  the LAT LONG. ” If that is wrong you can correct it manually, but I think the issue here, is that people can mix and match using the format you have on your site.

If you have Enhanced Results you can further define “show if in radius”  Closest Farthest, etc.,

If you want to fine tune the Search method, you should look at buying Enhanced Search.  The features in ES are varied and will provide a better search experience and results : Address Autocomplete, Show or hide the  selector by, city.  State, Country , search address nearest..

Cici
    Keymaster
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.