Map Display Area

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Map Display Area

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

terryoehrke
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to get the map to center/zoom at the user’s location.

The map initially zooms in at the user’s location, but after a few seconds, it zooms back out to the whole United States and shows all of my locations.

I have about 350 locations that are spread across the United States, so I want the user to see just a few around their location, but if they zoom out they would be able to see all of the locations.

I’ve attached 4 screenshots showing my settings. Is there anything you can see that I’m doing incorrectly?

Thanks for all the help!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Under Search radii options set parenthese around 25 or whatever you want as a default…

try different zoom settings..

set radius behavior as always

Location sensor (under General tab)  is it on?

terryoehrke
    Participant

1. Whenever I add use the radius options and search for a location outside of that radius, it comes up with “No Results Found”. I want to display all of the locations (unlimited radius), but zoom in closer to the user’s location.

2. I have accomplished the zoom I wanted using the settings below, but after the locations load, it takes me out to a completely different state. Example: I’m from Missouri but after the map loads, it zooms me into Nevada.

3. The location sensor is on.

Here is the link to my map: http://sertoma.wpengine.com/find-a-club/

Any ideas on why this is occurring? Thanks!

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Increase the radiius option in your settings. What is your default radii (your screen shot did not show any with a parenthese around it. See the ddocumentation about radii
    Center Map at: how it is working using the 4.3.20 information if No results found. You can set a different Center map at.

Using your Search function, discrete search with filters can be used How it works.

If you want additional Results Options, decide it Enhanced results will get you what you want, for instance the setting Closest to furthest etc.

Please read the Documentation and look at some of the videos that are great for visual oriented people. They are only a couple of minutes long, there are over 40 topics in the Playlist to assist you.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. Also note, that your browser is remembering your last search, clear your cache when testing. Anyone can opt to Block the location sensor when the site loads..

Cici
    Keymaster

Please review the Info Blogs, (you can search for the topic using search box for pages and posts.) Documentation and videos for a better understanding of all the above features.

terryoehrke
    Participant

I went through the documentation, but maybe the functionality that I’m looking for doesn’t exist. I’ve tried a variety of radius/zoom/etc.

My issue now is that some of the bubble’s are not appearing when clicked on. It seems like it is random.

I’ve attached a console error message on the bubbles that aren’t appearing when clicked on. Have you ever seen this before?

Thanks again for the help.

Attachments:

terryoehrke
    Participant

I have 372 locations that I imported through CSV. They are all showing up on the locations list with no errors.

It’s weird that some of them show the bubble when I click on them, but the others won’t and will place that error message within my console. Every time I click one that doesn’t work, the number of console errors goes up.

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Are using the Extended Data Manager field and do you have modifiers, ie. information in any of those data fields and are they added under the Map layout or in the info bubble?

Do you have any CSS rules or changed the Map layout. If you blank it out to go back to the default does it change?

Lastly what SLP Plugin style are you using? The Style is under the Experience/View.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.