Map does'nt show on wordpress page.

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Map does'nt show on wordpress page.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Julien
    Participant

Hi !

First of all, thanks for the plugin which seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I’m currently looking at some of your premium add on which could help me a lot.

I just installed the store locator plus plugin on my website (http://www.bagel-chef.com) and set my restaurant address into the system configuration. I also added my google API key and put the short code on the following page :

http://www.bagel-chef.com/restaurants/nos-adresses/

Problem : the map does not show. All restaurants are in Paris France.

Any idea what’s going on ?

Thanks for the help.

Julien

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Julien. 90% of the problems with the map not appearing are due to either bad JavaScript prior to the Store Locator code being called, or themes that overtake all image output.

Have you tried:

• Switching to a different (WordPress) theme
    • The basic [slplus] shortcode and the default (SLP) theme?

There is one Javascript error on that page. I’m not able to determine if another plugin is causing it, but you may want to try this: Turn off all plugins except those from Store Locator Plus. If the map appears, turn them on one by one until you isolate the conflict.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

@Julien – Google API keys are not required.

Did you check the troubleshooting page on the documentation on this site?  It gives you instructions on using browser-based debugging like using Firefox + Firebug to see if there is a JavaScript conflict caused by another plugin or theme.

Many WordPress themes are also misconfigured and do not load footer-based JavaScript properly. Using “Force Load JavaScript” under General Settings can work around this shortcoming but sacrifices advanced functionality of the SLP plugin.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Did you check the troubleshooting page on the documentation on this site?  It gives you instructions on using browser-based debugging like using Firefox + Firebug to see if there is a JavaScript conflict caused by another plugin or theme.

Many WordPress themes are also misconfigured and do not load footer-based JavaScript properly. Using “Force Load JavaScript” under General Settings can work around this shortcoming but sacrifices advanced functionality of the SLP plugin.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.