Map & search results no longer showing on SLP page.

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Map & search results no longer showing on SLP page.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  markbeer 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

markbeer
    Participant

I don’t know when this occured but I have just discovered that the results map is no longer showing on our SLP page – http://www.sundance-spas.co.uk/hot-tub-dealer-locator/
    even when a postcode is entered, nothing. I am using the ‘Hidden Results’ theme, I have tried changing the theme, but still no map or results with a theme that would normally show them. Only recent changes were a location added, but all worked fine after that, and our company last week moved to fibre optic broadband, which meant a change in our IP.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  markbeer.

Bradley
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue.

The map loads, but the form returns “Results not found” on all search queries. I’ve changed up the themes and tested different user experience and plugin settings with no solution. All of the location data appears to be OK.

http://www.vancouveraa.ca/?page_id=115

I’m not sure if this is an issue with the updated plugin or …? Please help!

Robbie
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue as well. The results either don’t load or take a really long time to load. http://www.drycreekvineyard.com/contact-us/wine-finder/

Thanks!

markbeer
    Participant

Today I have upgraded my Pro Pack, was running a version 3 propack with version 4 SLP.  I hoped this would sort the problem, but unfortunately not. I’ve double checked that everything is up to date, wordpress, PHP etc. or at least in spec, which they are. And still nothing. I have tried the map with the ProPack deactivated, no joy and again tried various themes, the look changes but I still have a blank map and a no results? I have had to remove the broken map from the site until a fix is found, very disappointed.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="523"]Blank Map, blank results How the map appears on site, this is after a search query has been entered. I have also shown the plugin environment.[/caption]

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  markbeer.

Eric
    Participant

I am having the same issue. I have eliminated all non-essential plugins and just have slp4 and slp4 pro installed. All I see is the search box, no radius options. I’ve added one location manually, but nothing shows or works.

I had slp3 installed yesterday and everything was working. I created a new install and have nothing but the slp installed.

http://bn.mainhost123.com

Any update would be greatly appreciated.

RESOLVED: My Bad – I didn’t have the correct shortcode <span style=”background-color: #f1f1f1; color: #666666; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.5px;”> </span><span style=”background-color: #f1f1f1; color: #666666; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.5px;”>[SLPLUS]. I was using [slp_map].</span>

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Eric.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

@Robbie – something is wrong with your server on the back end.  The data queries are being posted to the server but the server is not responding.  Looks very much like a security setting on the server and how it is handling AJAX requests.  NONE are returning from the server even when I try to query the AJAX handler directly.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

@markbeer – I need a URL where I can see this in action to have any guess as to what may be going on.   Have you looked at the online documentation on debugging a map issue on both the server end of things as well as the user map with Firefox + Firebug?  If I cannot see the problem “live” you will need to employ these techniques to do some investigation.

The two most common causes of problems:

1) The base plugin and all add-on packs have not been upgraded to the latest version.

2) The server security settings have been changed (or not set properly in the first place) and are blocking AJAX communications.

Other issues people run into are running over-aggressive cache plugins, using themes or plugins that minify scripts, or using edge-of-network services like cloudfront, cloudflare, etc. that do not distribute the JavaScript and data calls in a way that works with an interactive script like the locator.

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

@bradley – same as I posted for Mark. I need to see this on a site.

The best option is to put it on a page that is not published/linked to the main site menu as I do not know when I can get back to this thread.  Could be a day or 10 days.

Bradley
    Participant

Unfortunately the page with the problem is live. They have approx 500+ locations which were difficult to import. They obviously not have to re-import everything. Reinstalling the plugin won’t affect the locations will it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.