Multilingual Store Pages

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Multilingual Store Pages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jeffrey
    Participant

We’ve been trying to set up Store Locator Plus, with the Store Pages add-on, in a multilingual environment. We also have WPML set up. We have three distinct problems at the moment:

1. When we create a new page for a location, everything works fine, but when we try to create a French translation of the page using the WPML Language widget on the page editor, the shortcodes from the English page return nothing. I suspect this is because when creating a WPML translation, the alternate language page isn’t considered a page for the original location, and as such doesn’t have access to the location’s details.
    2. We have SLP set to use the store pages in place of a location’s Website link. Related to the issue above, if we view the search page in French and then click a result’s Website link, it brings you to the location’s English page.
    3. While the UI for admin and users can be localized, we can’t define multilingual versions of the actual location content (for example, hours in English would read something like 8:30 to 6:00, and in French it should read like 8h30 to 6h00). Is this possible? We haven’t been able to find any way to do this.

All of the SLP plugins and add-ons are up to date. Our installation is currently behind a firewall on our local intranet, and so we can’t provide a link to the site. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I have added some of these issues to the task management system to look into the WPML behavior, especially with regard to item #3 which should be working.

The Store Pages behavior would be easier to sort out if I could see it in action. I’ve added tasks to the Store Pages card in Trello to look into these issues as well, but seeing them first-hand makes it easier to sort out what is going on and come up with a fix.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.