Multiple categories/tags

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Multiple categories/tags

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jrcornthwait
    Participant

Hi —

Is there any way to include multiple categories or tags within the same map? Or as an alternative, two maps on the same page that each show a specific category or tag? When I tried the latter before, the second map wouldn’t load.

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Look under Products: Tagalong

premium add-on for the Store Locator Plus 4 base plugin.   This add-on pack adds managed categories to the Store Locator Plus locations.   The managed categories allow for custom per-category map markers and icons which can be enabled on the map interface and in the search results for your locations.

Cici
    Keymaster

Look under Products: Tagalong

premium add-on for the Store Locator Plus 4 base plugin.   This add-on pack adds managed categories to the Store Locator Plus locations.   The managed categories allow for custom per-category map markers and icons which can be enabled on the map interface and in the search results for your locations.

jrcornthwait
    Participant

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I have tagalong installed already.

I’m asking if there’s a way to display a map with only categories X and Y (if categories A, B, and C also exist).

Janet
    Participant

I am trying to do something similar and could use some help. When my viewers are looking at all the locations on the initial view I would like them to be able to choose to only view one category (without it being affected by the radius). When I tried adding the category to the search it only showed the locations of that category within a limited radius. I want to keep the limited radius for when people add their zipcode/address only.

Here is my beta site:
    http://edpr.454dev.com/farms/view-all-locations

jrcornthwait
    Participant

Please don’t forget about Janet and I 🙂

Janet
    Participant

Any word on this? This is one of the final things I need to finish this site. Please advise.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Tagalong version released tonight allows for only_with_category on the shortcode.

There is no option to have the USER select multiple categories (yet).    Hopefully in a future release.

For now only_with_category is the only option to allow multiple-category filters.  You can now use comma-separated category slugs with that shortcode attribute.

Janet
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me Lance. I was able to come up with a solution that mostly works. I created a separate key that will allow people to choose one category at a time that clicks to a page with just that category on it (using the shortcode).

Feel free to check it out:
    http://www.edprwindfarms.com/farms

Sarah
    Participant

Lance, this is EXACTLY what I need – woohoo! I purchased Tagalog a few days before this new version of 6 May – how do I get it updated to this most recent one, to serve my needs?

Thank you

Sarah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.