incorporate the map feature with a display of the 2 closest locations

Home Forums Store Locator Plus incorporate the map feature with a display of the 2 closest locations

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  monte 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

monte
    Participant

Okay, I actually had gotten this working using some javascript.  Thank you for your reply

I do have another request.  I am looking to incorporate the map feature with a display of the 2 closest locations to the users computer (by IP address if possible as I don’t want to force ask for location on page load)

So data flow would be

• user enters website
    • website (preferably) fetches IP address and finds 2 closest locations to this user
    •  website displays a Google map of both locations (see attached png)

Do you have a module add-on for SLP that will do this functionality?

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by  Cici.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by  Cici.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

monte
    Participant

Still waiting on a reply to this thread

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Set the max locations returned to 2. The rest of the functionality is built into the product.

monte
    Participant

a little help please

the documentation is not very helpful with this

to show a 2 distinct maps with a specific location (closest to user on first, second closest to user on second) as focus, and zoomed within a reasonable distance, what would the shortcode look like?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Two separate maps where?  That is not going to be done easily with the current plugin without a lot of JavaScript and CSS manipulation.   You will be better off using an IFRAME construct and referencing the Google Maps URL by using the latitude and longitude shortcodes.   [[slp_location latitude]] and [[slp_location longitude]] need to be “baked into” the maps URL.

monte
    Participant

Lets start with returning 1 result

Closest location, with map zoomed reasonably

I need location name with that location centered and pinned, other locations can be pinned as well, that’s not an issue, but I want the map and location name visible

and will this work with IP address if user is not sharing location?

see attached image above for what I am going for…

I can probably convince them that 1 map/location will have to do, unless I can pull 2 results and load each one separately in an iframe, displaying like above

what would my shortcode look like for that?

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  monte.

monte
    Participant

<span style=”color: #555555; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px;”>Still waiting on a reply to this thread</span>

Will be checking back on Monday

monte
    Participant

<span style=”color: #555555; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>Still waiting on a reply to this thread…</span>

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

For Store Pages:
    /documentation/store-locator-plus/pao-store-pages/page-template/

For a general map you will need to use the center_map_at attribute with immediately show locations turned on and results set to show 1 location. That would be using the [[slplus]] shortcode. Attributes you can pass along are noted here:
    /documentation/store-locator-plus/getting-started/shortcodes/

[[slplus center_map_at=”111 Main Street, Chicago IL” immediately_show_locations=”true” initial_results_returned=”1″ ignore_radius=”true”]]

monte
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”></p>

<div>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin-bottom: 12.0pt;”>using the example code
    [[slplus center_map_at=”111 Main Street, Chicago IL” immediately_show_locations=”true” initial_results_returned=”1″ ignore_radius=”true”]]

on the bottom of the store locator page
    http://pyrocity.goidp2.com/about-us/store-locator/

the output is code, not a map
    Also, I need the code to use the viewers IP location or geo location if shared, not a specific address</p>

</div>

monte
    Participant

Thank you for your reply via email

One more question on this topic

is there a way to pull the store name and display it when it is automatically selected in this way? (I would like to put the store name under the map, with possibly a link to its page)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  monte.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.