December 18, 2014 at 4:29 AM #26677
Several issues I’m dealing with at one time, and I’m hoping I get work through them with help from this forum;
Had “Store Locator” (the other software) running on my site for several months. Decided to wipe that and purchased “Experience package”
Installed SLP 4.2.19 added SLP-pro 4.2.03 and also all the other add-ons included in the package
1. SLP automatically and correctly imported all the locations from the other Store Locator even though it was de-activated and deleted. Set-up SLP through the Admin panel and added short-code on my page.
- When attempting to access the location page on my site, got Google error – GOOGLE HAS DISABLED USE OF MAPS API FOR THIS APPLICATION … etc etc
- Checked and removed API info which somehow came across in the install process. After pressing save, all the API, Client ID, and Private Key info re-appears and the above problem persisted
- Deactivated and deleted SLP package – removed 4 leftover tables in SQL database from previous software
- Reinstalled SLP again
Now I have a freshly installed SLP package plug-in
- Client ID , Private Key info still appear in the GOOGLE BUSINESS LICENSE section and they still cannot be deleted after pressing SAVE
1. same Google error is displayed
2. Now I want to ADD new location – after entering required info and pressing SAVE – the “Locations – Add” page turns blank and no info is saved at all
This is absolutely messed up, and I’ve spent hours looking at where it is pulling the API info from.
Would greatly appreciate any thoughts on these problems
December 20, 2014 at 8:42 PM #26725
- This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Alfred.
OK, no replies at all
I managed to fix the Map issue and Google API warning by selecting “Turn Off SLP Maps” in GENERAL SETTINGS;
Still can’t work out why I can’t add new locations
Any thoughts…. ANYONE HERE???December 26, 2014 at 3:17 AM #26820
I really wish someone would help !!!
I’ve deleted all the SLP plugings, deactivated many others that weren’t being used and reinstalled the SLP plugins one at a time starting with SLP
Still cannot ADD location, as mentioned previously after adding location info, and hitting save, the whole page disappearsDecember 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM #26829
Delete the Google API key setting.December 28, 2014 at 5:06 AM #26832
There is no API info in there. There is however a DASH (-) in the Google Client ID and another in Google Private Key . I have tried over and over to delete these characters, but each time I click SAVE, they reappear.
I’ve looked everwhere to see where this dash is coming from. This happened even after SLP was de-activated and deleted, and a fresh copy was installed.
This however doesn’t explain why I cannot add a location. I insert all the info I want on a location, SAVE and the whole page disappears.
I looked in the SQL and no data is recordedJanuary 8, 2015 at 10:16 AM #27019
Any update on how we can get the plugin to save my delete of the Google API key? Its still reappears for me too and are stuck.January 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM #27023
I found the bug that makes the location add break if you set a Google Client ID or Google Private Key and am working on a fix in SLP 4.2.25. Look for the prerelease and production releases to be out soon.
In the meantime, get the SLP Janitor add-on pack, go to the Settings panel and look for “-options_nojs” under the Store Locator Plus section. Take a screen shot or write down the various options_nojs settings if you have changed any from their default settings. Then click the “x” next to the -options_nojs like to delete all the settings including the google_client_id and google_private_key settings.
I am still trying to figure out why you cannot just delete a character to leave those 2 fields empty, but that patch is also likely to be in the next SLP update.
For now Janitor will help remove those Google settings and get the location add back on track.January 9, 2015 at 6:37 PM #27048
I am having the same issue as reported by Alfred. I had upgraded my Pro-Pack (after being forced too) and it won’t delete The Google Client ID and Google Private Key.
Thanks for the janitor add-on. It worked for me.
January 11, 2015 at 2:05 AM #27060
- This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Mitesh.
K, here’s the deal ….
I got absolutely nowhere with this forum after waiting some 20 days for any sort of reply whilst my web site (location page) was down.
I was forced to pay for the 1 Day log-in service ($300) for Lance to sort out the mess which I was experiencing.
Turns out to be a less than 5 minute fix- which perhaps could have been suggested way back when I first posted, and ultimately save me from paying $300 🙁
OK to save everyone the headaches and pains (oh and $$$) in the future, this is what needs to be done !
Store Locator Plus Janitor has the ability to delete any (or ALL) Store Locator Plus data from the WordPress options table, including the install version number. Resetting all settings to the default, deactivating Store Locator Plus, and re-activating forced the required data tables to be reset
Get the SLP Janitor add-on pack, go to the Settings panel and look for “-options_nojs” under the Store Locator Plus section. Take a screen shot or write down the various options_nojs settings if you have changed any from their default settings. Then click the “x” next to the -options_nojs like to delete all the settings including the google_client_id and google_private_key settings.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Alfred.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.