March 18, 2016 at 7:42 AM #39693
I translated all Strings into German language with PO/MO files. I already sent them to you. But the texts for ‘no locations found’ will always show up in english, even though I checked thats it is really translated. I former versions this might have been a label, that’s what I found in other forum topics. However I do not have this label. Could that be the problem?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.March 18, 2016 at 2:59 PM #39718
You are correct, that is a label on the Front end, that is why it isn’t showing up in the SLP translation files. If your translations are accepted and found to be at 100% I believe you would qualify for an add-on (The Legacy version of Enhanced Search.) or a discount towards the Experience Add-on
Send another email to support (you should have that part down pat right?) If you want the add-on. I have been away for a few days . I know Lance was working with you but I will see the email in support.
CiCiMarch 21, 2016 at 7:27 AM #39760
I just sent the translations again to support email address. Please check.
Best regards, FrankMarch 21, 2016 at 1:01 PM #39766
Thanks Frank, Replied with email and sent you the zip file for ER and additional instructions about some of the translations.
P.S. I meant to say Enhanced Results, since it is “results” options table that comes back with the No locations found string…
March 21, 2016 at 1:17 PM #39770
- This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Cici.
For others who might be reading this:
For other users that might read the forum posts:
the .po and .mo just go in the ./languages folder
You set WP to “german”.
You install/activate the SLP plugin.
SLP will store whatever is in your .po file as the translation for “Find Locations” or “No results found” into the WordPress options table. This as a clean first install will translate, if not, then from that point forward the ONLY way to change the translation is to edit the setting itself. But it is serialized data.
So the only REAL way to change strings is to use the add-ons ES/ER/EM depending what string you are changing and edit it.
The other option is to delete all the SLP options with Janitor, deactivate SLP, make sure you .po is updated, re-activate SLP, and re setup your SLP options. Probably not preferred method.
They are now stored in the WP options because they were NOT in the translation file when you activated the plugin. If they are not translated and you activate SLP it will default to English and store the English string in t the WP options table. It is stuck like that until you change it with an add-on if Janitor doesn’t work.March 21, 2016 at 1:23 PM #39771
P.S. The language files are imported into the database for the NEXT versions release. I think ProPack had a recent version release before you sent those files, so it will be included in next release.June 12, 2016 at 2:58 PM #41566
This info just in from the developer, and if you would be so kind as to assist, ” please ask people to help me test WPML in the base plugin while I’m developing SLP 4.5.07 this week. I’ll put out a pre-release soon.
Quick testing and feedback wanted. I want to push 4.5.07 public before I go offline 06/20 for a week.”June 13, 2016 at 7:22 AM #41585
if you send me the pre-release I can do a quick test. Please keep in mind, that I have the packages Tag Along, ProPack, Pages and Enhanced Results installed additionally.June 13, 2016 at 2:39 PM #41599June 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM #41600
I am only working on the base plugin WPML compatibility at the moment. There appears to be a number of challenges to getting WPML to work properly; at least when using the documentation they provide. I’ve sent them a detailed description of the technical issues and am awaiting a reply.
Only Power, Experience, and Premier will be updated at some point in the future to be WPML compatible. It is far too much work jumping through WPML technical hoops to go back and port all the older add on packs.
In the meantime the latest SLP 4.5.07 prerelease is available for free from the SLP website:
Also read this:
Short version: You must have a complete language file for your alternate languages presented on your website front-end with WPML. If your site is in English and you want to provide Spanish translations for things like “no results found” you must create a Spanish version of your page with the [slplus] shortcode AND make sure the Spanish language files are up-to-date with the latest version. I use Loco Translate to first Sync and then use Google Translate to fill in any missing translations.
Once WPML starts answering some of my half-dozen technical questions I can start working on more complext issues.
Currently SLP 4.5.07-beta-02 appears to be changing the UI elements of the base plugin such as the radius drop down entries (“10 miles” to “10 millas” for example) and the Find Locations default text on the find button.
4.5.07-beta-03 (not out yet) will also tell Google which language is being used to view the page with the [slplus] code and will change the Google Map Elements (“satellite/map” and copyright and town names) to match the selected language.
Still waiting to hear back from WPML on how to make things like user-settable labels like “Search Labels (Experience / Search / Search Labels)” settings like the Address Label and Radius Label translate on-the-fly without incurring the TRIPLE execution speed performance hit (it is 3x slower loading the page if I use their register/translate string filters).
Please test and give feedback based on translation issues with the base plugin. I’m planning to publish an updated WPML friendly release of the base plugin version 4.5.07 production by Sunday AM.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.