No Locations Showing on Map or Results

Home Forums Store Locator Plus No Locations Showing on Map or Results

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Orly
    Participant

After the recent update my maps are coming up empty with no results  locations.

attached are screenshots of plugin environment and what the preview looks like.

Theme we are using is ZK Monaco

WP Version 4.3.1

PHP Version 5.4.28/64Bit OS

http://test.gpjbaker.com/?page_id=1760&preview=1&_ppp=be8f1c28ea

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Piani
    Participant

Hi

There have been some changes in WordPress core to change how translations of plugins will work in the future. This might cause to change some SLP settings after update to 4.3+

So I suggest you look tru all settings for the map in SLP admin menu and see if someting have changed. (google map region, radius settings etc.)

Also I suggest you test with other SLP themes at view Plugin Style. Test to change to ex TwentForteen Rev 01 that worked for me and where i could borrow code to my custom theme. Change and test in another web browser to not get cash problems.

Maby test another WP theme (ex TwentyForteen) just to see if there is someting in your -child theme that is causing this.

Also I see you have a older PHP version. I use PHP 5.6 for the moment. I really dont think using 5.4.28 would make this error but it can be worth upgrading at your web server.

Good luck!

Orly
    Participant

I made some changes and map is showing at the location where set as center point. However when i try to change the Theme for the map and try to save it my dashboard goes blank. When i go back int the plugin the theme is still the same Besides The Point 2012 Rev 20.

Can there be any reason  the changes are not being saved and I get the blank dashboard?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Piani
    Participant

I tested to change between the theme “Besides The Point 2012 Rev 2” and my custom theme and it works as expected with no errors or blank admin menu.

Can it be a cashe error in your browser maby? Try cleare cashe and restart or try another browser.

I use Chrome to do all amin changes and then I test the changes at the same monitor but in Forefox browser to not have any cashe issues. I also test the pahe in Windows Edge and mobile devices when im “done for the day” with changes 🙂

Orly
    Participant

I deactivated  the plug-in yesterday and this morning activated the Pro-pack and enhanced results. It seemed to be showing fine but after coming back from lunch the same results started to happen. None of my changes are being saved now when I click save settings and I am getting the blank dashboard screen again.

Orly
    Participant

It seems the saving in my dashboard problem only occurs when activate the Enhanced Results add-on. When this add-on is activated no results show and no changes can be saved in the plug-in admin. I don’t really know what else to do. I don’t understand why it would work with one thing and then with another add-on not work right. I was looking to get the enhanced search part also but it this is going to cause more problems i may have to go with another plugin.

Randy
    Participant

I am having the same issue with no results showing. It was displaying fine yesterday, then suddenly today it is not. The only add-on I have is the Pro Pack. This is the code that is showing under the Locator Layout under Experience > View:

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Consolas, Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18.2px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: #f0f0f0;”><div id=”sl_div”>[slp_search][slp_map][slp_results]</div></span>

Any help on how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Orly
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: ‘Calibri’,’sans-serif’; color: #1f497d;”>Sorry to hear about those problems as well. I am using the latest versions. SLP 4.3.11 SLP-ER 4.3.01 SLP-ProPack 4.3.02. WordPress 4.3.1 running ZK Monaco.</span></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”color: #1f497d; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 1.5;”>Again I am only running into issues when the SLP-ER add-on is activated. I want to get the SLP-ES but if this is causing issues then I am not going to bother. I don’t really understand why it would freeze up my WP Dashboard and give me a blank WP dashboard when trying to save a change. I have had this pass the </span> <span style=”color: #1f497d; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 1.5;”>and it started to do this after the updates. Again, I tried the solutions that were suggested in the forum but the only problem that arises is when the SLP-ER add-on is activated. I looked through the debugging and it did not make any sense to me.</span></p>

Cici
    Keymaster

@Randy

Please provide your Plugin Environment  and your other info (see Posting guidelines. There has been no changes to ProPAck or ER or any add-on packs between yesterday and today, nor even in the past week. So I am not sure what is going on with your situation and we cant troubleshoot without more info.  Have you updated any other plugins recently?

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Orly

Your map isnt rendering or you are getting a white screen ? Which? If Map not rendering , Its your settings…..your radius will effect that, center map  will effect that…there is nothing in the ER that makes maps disappear.  What are your settings? Provide some screen shots of the settings, the screen shot of the map and ocean wont really help us. What is your center map at setting at?

If you are still getting white screen in admin page then follow these steps:

Troubleshooting White Screen

Are you using more than one page with a map on it? If So you need enhanced Map

Also your CSS and style has errors in it, what is  master slider_mspversion? on your site your page wont render and there is an error message. I saw that just by Inspecting the Script element using Google

The instructions on Debugging are fairly simple : Debugging

I am not uber techie and I can muddle through.

Read about conflicts with some Themes  to get an idea of some of the issues that can cause a conflict . If that is an issue you need to work with the WP Plugin themes author. Conflicts Blog.  (This is not to be confused with Store locator Plus page styles.)

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Both

If you both are having issues with a WP theme Z Monaco it could be an  issue with your WP theme, or versions of them, or the jquery version they are running.  Can you check that out?  See the blog about this topic

Some plug-ins, sites, or themes, were using older JQuery versions and call backs were forcing jQuery to run old outdated versions which then prevented and caused  loss of functionality when updating to the newer SLP version releases updated. Store Locator Plus uses jQuery to process data and is heavily dependent on this core feature in WordPress and SLP.  The correct fix  should be done by requesting the authors of those plug-ins using the outdated versions to change their code. 

lance.cleveland

[3:54 PM]

Randy
    Participant

Thanks for the response CiCi! So sorry for the delayed reply- I got sidetracked – but did want to let you know I resolved the issue. My functions.php file was messed up, so I believe the issue was unrelated to anything within your plugin. Thanks again and great plugin!

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Randy

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. With so many changes of late in WordPress and all plugins it is difficult to guess.

If you like Store Locator Plus please leave us a ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org.
    A huge thank you from Lance and his fellow code geeks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.