No More Map, Just Location List

Home Forums Store Locator Plus No More Map, Just Location List

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Jess
    Participant

Hi,

I bought the Pro Pack, Widget, Store Pages and Tagalong, and really like this plugin. I just logged in today and my map is no longer showing the map. It’s just showing a list of my Store Pages. If I go to the map page with the shortcode or if I use the widget, I get the same result. Can you please help me understand what I need to adjust? Thanks.

http://www.dciinc.org/wordpress/map/

Jess
    Participant

Sorry to be a pain, but this is really holding me up at work. I’m not sure what changed, but I’m just getting a location list instead of my map. Please help.

Jess
    Participant

I just re-read your “PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.” Sorry for rushing you. I know you’re pretty busy. I appreciate the help when you can get to it. Have a nice day.

Jess
    Participant

So I tried deactivated Store Pages and Tagalong to see if that fixed the issue, but now the map page and widget just redirect to the home page. I know you are busy, but can you please try to get to this today? This is really stalling my progress at work, and we have spent $150 on your addons already. It was working completely fine until Aug. 11. I don’t know what changed. Thanks.

Jess
    Participant

Bump. Any sort of response would be great.

Jess
    Participant

Bump. 9 days with no response of any kind….

cocreci
    Participant

Hello Jess,

we have sort of the same problem. We installed SLP (version 4.1.33) + Pro Pack (version 4.1.06). SLP works, and then suddenly it doesn’t show the map, nor any location list. Just an empty square were the map should be.

There are some things that help us, but it is all temporarily, after a few hours or days, SLP stops working again.

– deactivate the plugin, and put the slug [SLPLUS] newly on the page, than activate the plugin (works sometimes)

– when on the general settings the ‘force java script’ is on, put it out or vice versa (works sometimes)

– upload all SLP files through ftp (we use Dreamweaver), and activate the plugin again. this last solution helps always, but only for a short time.

As none of these things are a permanent solution, we would like to know what the problem is, and how this can be solved. The plugin is here (website is Dutch): http://www.tijdschriftenpakket.nl/waar-te-koop/

Hope this will help you for the time being, but we are waiting for a permanent fix off course.

Jess
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your experience with this. I’ll try that stuff, but I, too, would like an actual solution, or at least a response from the dev…

10 days now…

Jess
    Participant

Bump. 11 days.

Jess
    Participant

Bump. Fourteen days. FOURTEEN. Please respond.

Jess
    Participant

15 days. Why won’t you respond to this?

Jess
    Participant

Latest update to SL Plus seems to have fixed the problem. Still, a simple reply would have been nice.

Jess
    Participant

Aaaaaand it’s gone again.

I haven’t changed anything. If I have Store Pages activated, it just shows a list of my store page links. If I don’t have it activated, it just redirects back to my home page. Please help me figure this out.

Jess
    Participant

I think I’ve figured it out. There seems to have been a conflict with the permalink naming. I made a new map page with a different permalink and added the SLP shortcode. It seems to be in working order now.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Every time you bump you end up at the END of the queue for support. I have an hour or so every-other-day to review the forums and I start with the OLDEST in the queue according to the bbPress updated date. Every time you bump it changes the update date for the topic and I don’t get to it.

As noted in the forum READ THIS post, you should always provide a site URL so I can see what is going on. It is hard to guess what may have happened just by a description “the map went away”.

As for permalinks, there were no changes in the permalink system since SLP 3.0 over a year ago.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

There have been updates to the SLP add-on framework. If you have an add-on pack makes sure you are updated to the latest version of all add-on packs.

/documentation/store-locator-plus/release-notes/release-notes-4-0/

@cocreci – your URL is not showing a locator map.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.