Option to import semicolon separated files instead of comma separated

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Option to import semicolon separated files instead of comma separated

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tobias Christian
    Participant

Hi guys,

Some of the new versions of Microsoft Excel creates semicolon-separated files instead of comma-separated, if your system language is Danish for instance. This is very hard to change, and a lot of programs supports both comma- and semicolon-separated files – however, the Store Locator Plus plugin doesn’t seem to support semicolon.

How can I enable this?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Tobias

https://wordpress.org/plugins/store-locator-le/

Cici
    Keymaster

I’m not familiar with your version on MS Excel, but I’m surprised there’s not an option to select comma or semicolon. Are you doing frequent imports? There may be a tool to convert the semicolon separated values to CSV. As long as the values are enclosed in quotes, this shouldn’t be difficult with the right software. A text editor like notepad or wordpad may even do the trick.

I’d like to hear if others are dealing with semicolon separated values instead of CSV.

Tobias Christian
    Participant

For some reason the MS Excel decided that semicolons would be nice in the Scandinavian version… Gah.

Unfortunately my client is not comfortable with having to use other pieces of software for convertion. They’re making very frequent imports…

Best,
    Tobias

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Semicolon separated imports can be put on the development list for a future release of Pro Pack, however paid customization requests and requests with more interest from the user community will take precedence.   It will likely be months before this feature is developed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.