Pages not SEO/Search friendly

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Pages not SEO/Search friendly

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Piani 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Piani
    Participant

Store Locator Plus: 4.4.27
    Enhanced Map: 4.3.01
    Pages: 4.4.03
    Premier: 4.4
    Pro Pack: 4.4.02
    Utökade resultat: 4.3.02
    Enhanced Search: 4.3.01

I am testing out “Pages” plugin and have used it for 6 month now. It works great to create store pages with a Google map that I can use easily.

But my big problem s that Google can´t read the SLP files and neither can the WordPress search engines (i tested several search plugins).

The “Pages” will not show up on Google in the right way becase it can not “read” the SLP files like. [storepage field=”store”], [storepage field=”address”], [storepage field=”zip”] [storepage field=”city”]. The fields are not translated to Google or WordPress even if I can see the page correct in a browser.

This is a big SEO problem and I run out of ideas.

Please advice how to solve this if anyone have a solution.

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

If you can review the REST API Tutorial video and let us know the specific failure or issue with the developers thinking. It is working dynamically.

Cici
    Keymaster
    It can be SEO friendly,  it depends how you craft things… According to Shad i(a premier member who rely on to tell us about Pages issues) 

He uses it with other WP plugins to bolster that feature set.   Shad is the main customer for Pages and SEO friendly stuff, he is on our Slack channel as well if you would like to reach out to him. Not to say that Pages is always running perfectly.  Thank you for all you have done , you received Pages as part of Premier as a big thank you for some of your translating services and help in the forums. Please note the new Post in Info and News about the direction going forward.

Piani
    Participant

I cant explain this in a techichal way since i cannot figure out what is the problem or if there already is a way to solve this. I try with an enclosed example image.

On my store page there is 2 locations with “Stockholm” in the address at: http://piani.se/butiker/

But when i use the WP search there is no hits even if i already created “Pages”. Ex: http://piani.se/butik/jonna-leganger/

Even if the “pages” is working like a charm the information in the address i created seems invisible for WP.

Also it looks invisible for Google. I get no hits on “Pages” i created even if i checked that they are indexed.

I know Lance have worked with this so i woundering if there is a trick to make these fields “visible” for search.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not understand what you mean by using the WP search.   Are you using the standard Page Template?   See How to set up 

As  mentioned you can contact Shad in Premier or on Slack and ask him how he does it if you would like to find the right combo.

P.S. You are getting a Google Maps API warning on that link saying no Google API Key.

Piani
    Participant

I have the word “Stockholm” in the address on Pages but the search engines seems to only see [storepage field=”city”] instead of the actual word. Else I should have get more hits when I search in both WP and on Google.

Since Googel changed to crawl the content on the pages the SEO functions must work with the actual words in the adress instead of the SLP form fields information. ([storepage field=”store”], [storepage field=”address”], [storepage field=”zip”] [storepage field=”city”])

PS! SLP works excelent with all functions and the map page etc. This is only regarding the output at Pages that somehow seems invinsible for crawlers and not SEO friendly but still looks perfect in browsers. I do not understand why the information in the address on Pages is not searchable or what I can do to make it turn up in results.

Piani
    Participant

Please see enclosed image as addition to prevous post.

The top part is the actual Pages for “Jonna” our location in Stocholm in a browser. There you see “[storepage field=”store”], [storepage field=”address”], [storepage field=”zip”] [storepage field=”city”” displayed correct readable.

But then look at the search result when i search for Jonna below. Between “Adress” and “Du kan…” there is just a blank space and not the actual address.

So this is my question. How to make the fields visible for search crawlers?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.