Possible hour glass feature- post hitting 'find locations'

Home Forums Premier Support Possible hour glass feature- post hitting 'find locations'

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Toby
    Participant

It may we be my internet connection speed but there’s quite a long time lag between landing on:

Oxfordshire Map

and the markers (clusters in this case) appearing. Equally there’s a long pause between doing a search and soemthing happening.

I guess this might be a feature request, but it would be great to have a “loading” or “hour glass” animated gif running whilst waiting.

Or is there possibly a reason I’m missing why my SLP is runnign slowly?

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

Toby, I clicked on your site link and it loaded the map in under 2 seconds. I clicked on the category animals and the cluster map ,markers loaded instantaneously.

My conclusion, either you fixed something or what you were testing with was slow, or if you are on a shared host your bandwidth and queries are being shared as well.  So perhaps it is your configuration.

I do not know what PHP or server you are using, but Lance has published quite a few news blogs on the subject.

There are also some suggestions to debug and see what is happening on your site under Troubleshooting.

Adding an hour glass doesn’t sound like anything that would be under the auspices of a SLP product, but if you would like some site development help, CyberSprocket  will be opening later this summer with services.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.