Pre Sales Question: Large Dataset and Geocoding

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Pre Sales Question: Large Dataset and Geocoding

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mark
    Participant

I have a dataset of ~220,000 locations, none of which include lat/lon coordinates, only U.S. street addresses. How realistic do you think it is for me to import from CSV and be up and running with a fully geocoded database in less than the roughly 90 days it could take using Google’s limit of 2,500 daily requests? I notice the folks at Viadat have an add-on called a Super Geocoder which they claim can bypass the Google daily quota limit: http://docs.viadat.com/Super_Geocoder

I am intrigued but at $250 and with no apparent money back guarantee I am kind of hesitant. Thanks for your time.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

You can load 200,000+ locations in 2 days if you have a Google OEM license. There are some services like Texas A&M and others that have higher limits than the 2500 provided by the free Google service.

I can run large files through my server on my OEM license and send back and encoded lat/long CSV file for you. I allow people to do this for a $50 support fee, which you can purchase online. Ping me if you are interested.

CSA will be working on various options for the subscription service over the next couple of months that will allow Premier Members to submit locations through Store Locator Plus servers for geocoding. We will be using Google OEM as well as other services such as MapQuest to offset the Google license fees, increasingly inaccurate geocoding data, and daily request limits (they limit OEM lookups to 100,000 per 24 hour period).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.