Prepopulate address search bar

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Prepopulate address search bar

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Participant

Is it possible to have the address bar pre-populate with the user’s current address/postal code if they accept/allow the location sensor?

If it’s not a feature that is readily accessible/available, would anyone know how to grab that info? I’m comfortable enough with modifying the plugin myself if I can successfully target the info.

My development site URL is:

http://goodwill.trafikserv.com/donation-locations/

P.S.: I’m running WordPress 4.0.1, Store Locator Plus 4.2.16, Pro Pack 4.2.02, and Tagalong 4.2.01

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

The location sensor does not provide an address, it returns the latitude/longitude which is meaningless to most users but very useful to the plugin.  There are some third party services (and possibly a Google Maps API method these days) that will attempt to translate a lat/long coordinate to an address but it is not always accurate.   Adding a feature to load that into the address field would require custom coding.  I’m not aware of any quick & easy implementation to make it happen.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.