Pro Pack question

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Pro Pack question

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 month ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Toon
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the following plugin set:
    Store Locator Plus:  4.6.3
    Contact Extender:    4.3.02
    Pages:                         4.4.07
    Pro Pack:                   4.5.07

I have noted that the Pro Pack settings do no longer appear in the Experience admin panel (see attached screen shot, in Dutch).
    The extra search field created by Pro Pack is still operational on the website but now can no longer be updated.

Is this due to the fact that you are phasing out the legacy add-ons?
    What can I do to restore this functionality?

Regards,

Toon

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Toon.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Toon, Sorry I thought I answered this yesterday.

I don’t know which field is missing via the screen shot.  What is it that you think was there before that is no longer there?

Those three add-ons are part of Power Add-on but no one is required to update. Those add-ons will work with the version of SLP that was present at time of purchase. There were some SLP functionality that was reworked in the base code. If that is the issue you can always roll back. I cant advise you until you let us know what is that is  missing.  The only thing I can think of is the CSS functionality that is part of the EXPERIENCE Add-on now under View.

All the other settings are still in ProPack, (Import export csv files, tags)

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

As you suggested, I rolled back to previous versions of Store Locator Plus and discovered that the issue appeared with version 4.5.08.

With version 4.5.07 the Experience -> Search screen still shows the Search Features and Search Labels of Pro Pack (see image attached), as from 4.5.08 these have disappeared.

Regards,
    Toon

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Toon,

Not sure I understand the question then.

Ok, I deactivated all my add-ons and kept ProPack 4.5.07 , which you had to upload from your account when SLP 4.5.08 was released (as mentioned in news feeds, and on documentation FAQ, and Troubleshooting…we wanted to capture the whole audience)

I have SLP 4.6.3 installed with Propack 4.5.07 (see attached screenshots) and those labels show up and work together.  I changed the tags label to add restaurant and hotel, I saved changes, I added selection all and saved and went to front end and the changes were there.

Not sure how your is working different than mine, can you provide a screenshot of your plugin environment?

Attachments:

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

please find my plugin environment attached, I do not see much difference with your plugin environment. Do you?

Regards,

Toon

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Yes, and no….it dawned on me afterward; you are using a non English version of SLP/ProPack  ( I think that is Dutch, is that correct, my linguistic challenge) So……It is possible that the translation file needs to be updated.   Now I am not positive if it would be SLP 4.6.3 base or the ProPack…or both. I discussed this with Lance last night.

He is happy to update  the SLP add-ons  if you have the translation .po or .mo file to send. Also if you do a translation on an add-on like the Power Add-on which I think you could use to replace what you have, and/or ProPack (if it is not already translated up to date),  I think you would be able to get the newer add-on since you are both a long time customer and will be a contributor. (see the Countries and Languages second paragraph)

To check and contribute what is translated in the free WP SLP and add-ons ,  and also refer to other info  on the  translating files  info in docs

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I indeed use Dutch on my website.

So if I understand well you propose that I update the .po and .mo files of the Pro Pack 4.5.07 and possibly also for the base plugin SLP 4.6.3.

I do have the Poedit tool to do so. I will give this a try first for Pro Pack 4.5.0.

To be continued….

Toon

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

please find attached the updated translation files for Pro Pack 4.5.07

These include:

• a POT file
    • all existing .po and .mo files updated to version 4.5.07 (include some extra translation elements)
    • Dutch files 100% translated

Regards,

Toon

PS: these files result in a correct translation of all visible Pro Pack elements, but do not resolve the error of the missing Pro Pack elements in the Experience -> Search screen.

Attachments:

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

the next area of investigation that you mention are the translation files of the SLP 4.6.3 base plugin.

After a detailed search I discovered that these cause indeed the problem: deleting these files from wp-content/languages/plugins resolves the problem.

Searching further, I discovered that the translation of one single item is at the origin: removing this single translation from the (Dutch) translation files resolves the problem.

It is this item:

#: include/class.admin.experience.php:1268
    #: include/class.adminui.locations.php:1068
    msgid “Search”
    msgstr “Zoek”

Any msgstr that is not “” or “Search” leads to the problem.

I hope this helps you identify the bug (which I think it is) in include/class.admin.experience.php or in include/class.adminui.locations.php that causes this problem.

Regards,

Toon

PS How do I avoid that SLP 4.6.3 overwrites my corrected translation files in wp-content/languages/plugins again?

Cici
    Keymaster

I will let Lance know. He has been moving code around.

The base plugin translations are all done through the WordPress translation. It is showing Dutch as being 100%. you can download the zip file but if you have a correction you need to submit it through the WP project as far as I know. Usually DeBaat translated the SLP files. He is our third party add-on person and is in the Netherlands.

See the SLP project .

See the WordPress Translation group handbook here.

Cici
    Keymaster

@Toon,

Just to confirm, the ProPack language files do not need to be changed but the SLP 4.6.3 is what has the error correct?

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

that’s correct: The Pro Pack languages do not need to be updated, it is the SLP 4.6.3 translation that causes the error.

Regards,

Toon

Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks,  the Propack zip files you sent were added/ uploaded by Lance today since he wasnt sure. As far as the free SLP base plug-in ,as mentioned, that goes through the WP translation group, (the links I provided you) which you can contribute to or identify to that group under the SLP project. It is then approved  by their editors.

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

The solution is not to work on the translation files of SLP 4.6.3. These files in themselves are OK.

However, SLP 4.6.3 gets confused when the word Search  is translated into anything else. I tested this bij translating Search in the Dutch translation files to Search. Then everything is OK!

My tip: SLP expects the word Search somewhere in the coding (see #43717) and gets confused when it is translated.

Have fun chasing this bug..

Toon

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok Ill tell Lance, I was  repeating back verbatim what he said to me. He  did post and request  back in June 2016 about trying to work the gettext and translations since the WPML changed.

Cici
    Keymaster

Toon,

Lance release SLP 4.6.4 and it addresses “slugs in languages” so could you see this video and Perhaps update to 4.6.4. Let me know if it changed anything . thx

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

sorry but SLP 4.6.4 did not resolve the issue. I am still not allowed to translate the word Search.

Regards,

Toon

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

the following may help in locating the bug:

In the file include/class.admin.experience.php on line 89 the following function is defined (version 4.6.4):

function add_search_subtab() {
    $section_params[‘name’] = __( ‘Search‘, ‘store-locator-le’ );
    $section_params[‘slug’] = ‘search’;

$this->Settings->add_section( $section_params );

$this->add_group_search_features( $section_params[‘slug’] );

If in the php file the word Search is replaced by anything else, e.g. Searching, the problem appears. You (Lance) should be able to test this in the US version as well.

Regards,

Toon

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

and one more clue: since version SLP 4.6.4 the translation of the term “View” in the Experience dashboard is also not allowed. It makes al items under that tab invisible.  In SLP 3.6.3 this was not a problem.

Toon

Cici
    Keymaster

ok, when Lance gets back in town next week he can delve into it.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Toon, Did you mean SLP 4.6.3 not 3.6.3?

Toon
    Participant

Cici,

indeed, I made a typo, I ment:

Plugin Name: Store Locator Plus
    Version: 4.6.3

Toon

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Toon.

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, just wanted to make sure since I put this on Lances checklist. He has been updating the code to use slugs instead of text line in order to improve the translation process in the future so it is really important if he can get a feel for what is happening. If you want to assist with testing or translations I am sure he would appreciate it and provide you a perk. If that interests you please contact support and we will make sure Lance gets the info.

Thanks again for your help.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.