Problem to translate Store Locator Plus and Enhanced Search

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Problem to translate Store Locator Plus and Enhanced Search

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Piani 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Agurtzane
    Participant

Hi, we have installed store locator plus and enhanced Search plugins.

We need to translate the strings to Spanish and to Basque, and we have WPML.

We have imported the strings of the two plugins to WPML but I can’t translate the text of the imagen 1.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not understand your question.  Please provide your Plugin Environment as requested in the Read before Posting Guidelines

and the Looking for support  requested information

Cici
    Keymaster

for Store Locator Plus  go to translate.wordpress.org

Agurtzane
    Participant

Hi

We attach the environment info and the url is http://euskojackpot.com/donde-jugar/

As you can see on the first screenshot of the threat we can translate the strings of “search box title” “find button” and the others labels to Spanish. But we don’t know how to make this works multilingual to Basque.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Agurtzane,

I hate to say this, I consider myself semi intelligent. I have to admit ,  I didnt’  know that Basque was a language (is it Spanish mixed with French)? So I learned something new. I cant answer your question directly, just point you to resources.

SLP doesn’t actually do the translations, we rely on others to provide translations. If you want to have it included and translate for future uses for others please see SLp Languages and Translations

If it isn’t in the included list of languages it probably hasn’t been done yet on our site  but you can donate to the cause, the rest is done  through WPML adn the link I provided you.

The textdomain had to be changed to be compatible with the new WP updates . The article is here:4.3.06 update and WPML

anyhow the link provided above is where you  can translate but SLP does not do the actual translations.

Forum posts about translations

Another good resource is @Piani who has translated for SLP in the past.  Perhaps he can shed some light on it.

Piani
    Participant

Wordpress have gone tru a major change regardingt translating and now its all done at the https://translate.wordpress.org/

Read Lance post and look at the video here for more information about WPML. As mentioned short in the video you can manually change textdomain in the language files from ‘csa-slplus’ to ‘store-locator-le’. If that solves your problems direct I dont know.

The reson for WPML issues is that WordPress is making a major change for the better. Lance have adjusted SLP to mach these changes and thats why some translation is broken for the moment and that can cause other small errors.

Instead of using plugins or coding all translation in WordPress is going to be handled online in WordPress own database. That means instant access and better translations over time.

This project is already up and SLP is there ready to translate. All that are helping with translations login at WP site and start translate as soon they added SLP.

It seems that updated WPML will also work when adjusted but until then you need to do the change manually.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.