question about User Managed Locations

Home Forums Store Locator Plus question about User Managed Locations

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Adrian
    Participant

Having installed user managed locations, some of my users are getting confused about the SLP link in the WP toolbar (top of page) versus SLP in the admin bar (left of page).  Despite step by step instructions, they try to use the toolbar link which is /wp-admin/admin.php?page=slp_info, rather than the admin link, which is /wp-admin/admin.php?page=slp_manage_locations

Is there anyway to change the SLP link they see in the top toolbar (or remove it all together)?  Even for disallowed users, the slp_info link appears in the top toolbar (but not in the left admin bar).  “<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px;”>You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” </span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>appears when they try to access slp_info, but obviously the page slp_manage_locations IS accessible.</span>

Store Locator Plus Version:4.3.14

User Managed Locations:4.3

This Info Cached:1444854735

WordPress Version:4.3.1

Site URL:http://canterburybeekeepers.org.uk

MySQL Version:5.0.96

PHP Version:5.2.17

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:36 MB

PHP Post Max Size:33M

PHP Modules:

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Cici. Reason: formatting

Cici
    Keymaster

I am sorry Adrian.
    don’t know how to easily make it apparent to users that they are in the wrong section,
    Especially since you have given them detailed instructions. I can mention it to the developer of User Managed Locations, I haven’t heard this comment/complaint as yet.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

With the SLP 4.3.20+ release, this will no longer appear in the top toolbar  for users that do not have the ability to manage SLP locations.    If you are still having issues please open a new forum thread so CiCi can get it on the dev radar.

4.3.20 is wrapping up testing and should be out for production soon.

Cici
    Keymaster

@adrian

If you update to 4.3.20 ( see change log) there was a change that should help your situation. 4.3.20 release info

Adrian
    Participant

Hi

thanks for your message about the update.  I’ve installed it, and that appears to solve the “problem” (or navigational issue).  Now I will test it on the ever-creative users!

Adrian

Cici
    Keymaster

Good Luck, LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.