Receiving Warnings on Map Page and Admin Locations Page

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Receiving Warnings on Map Page and Admin Locations Page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Nick
    Participant

Please see link below with warning messages:

http://leeanddavis.com/find-our-products/

Anyone know what causes this?  Worked fine on my dev site but shows these warnings once moved to the live site.  Both were on the same hosting environment.

I have attached a screenshot of the versions I have installed.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nick
    Participant

Quick Update:

I have updated the Pro Pack.  No longer getting the warning messages on the map page (link in previous post) but still getting the warning messages on the admin locations page.  Plus the locations do not seem to load on the front-end map page.

Cici
    Keymaster

Nick, Thank you for providing the information. Please check for possible issues under:

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/

“The most common causes of locations not appearing are shown below. The best way to see what is going on is to look at the Debugging entry on this page and follow the section about “Debugging JavaScript”. Web browser tools such as Firebug in firefox are very helpful. Especially the Network/XHR panel that shows the communication to your WordPress server via AJAX. It will show the post request and the results returned. If things are breaking there is usually an error message in the results that are coming back.”

Nick
    Participant

I have tried the steps in the link with no luck.  I am getting errors on the admin loactaions page.  I have attached a screenshot.  Could this be the issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Export your locations file to CSV , check the formatting is the sl_tags column correct?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

If you upgraded from a pre-4.2 version of WordPress to WP 4.2 and this started happening it is most likely due to the fact the WordPress significantly revised the custom taxonomy system.

The easiest fix, until I write an extensive patch to work through the WordPress 4.2 rewrite, is to unload / delete your custom Tagalong categories then re-create/re-load them.     It is best to do this via a location export first, delete the location categories via the category manager in WordPress (via Tagalong tab : Category Manager link), then re-load your exported locations.

This process will recreate new internal category IDs used by WordPress and attach those new IDs to your locations.

I do not recommend trying to manage these manually as there are several linkages involved between location data and the WordPress categories.

The taxonomy patch will get done eventually, but the unfortunate part of this is that the tools available for WordPress 4.2 is only a “best guess” scenario and will require a lot of overhead during the Tagalong update.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.